MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jrling

Re: MQN

Post by jrling »

sima66 - Second, why makes you to think that you are more grateful for this player than myself or anybody else?! Just because you are afraid that Gordon will take a brake?!
I don't know about you, but I follow this tread and MQn even from the CA days and I fought for Gordon when he was wrongfully attacked and I still will!
But, if you think that for every new version, being that even worst that the previous, you have to applaud and cheer, just because you don't see the difference or not to offend somebody, that's not the right way for me!
Just to correct your misinformation -
I was one of the first to follow MQn and did a lot of testing for Gordon one to one before he opened it out.
I also supported him on CA.
I do not applaud or cheer every new version. I do detect the differences for better or for worse. In fact many of them are worse than before and I will say so and have done. But that's fine by me, because this is a journey into the unknown by Gordon's admission, and he finds the way forward by making mistakes.

My point was that followers harping back to old WASAPI versions that Gordon has said he will not be going back to, is unproductive and would be better done on a separate thread, leaving this thread to KS.

That's my view, but that should not stop you following Gordon in your own way and I hope that you will continue to do so.
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jesuscheung wrote:v53 is better again. all things better

----
shall check it out.
what is there is to say about fidelizer?
put lemon juice in rice like Jamie Oliver.
thought it was a coincidence that he visited here recently and now he's got a new version out.

so v53 is getting close to a dma player in that it's just handing off the ram buffer to the device driver in 2 packets, the device driver then copies it to the device via dma.

next is to write the wdm ks code directly in mqnplay and add some parameters. would be interesting to see what the lowest latency is now.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:
jesuscheung wrote:v53 is better again. all things better

----
shall check it out.
what is there is to say about fidelizer?
put lemon juice in rice like Jamie Oliver.
thought it was a coincidence that he visited here recently and now he's got a new version out.

so v53 is getting close to a dma player in that it's just handing off the ram buffer to the device driver in 2 packets, the device driver then copies it to the device via dma.

next is to write the wdm ks code directly in mqnplay and add some parameters. would be interesting to see what the lowest latency is now.
Cool
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jrling wrote:
sima66 - Second, why makes you to think that you are more grateful for this player than myself or anybody else?! Just because you are afraid that Gordon will take a brake?!
I don't know about you, but I follow this tread and MQn even from the CA days and I fought for Gordon when he was wrongfully attacked and I still will!
But, if you think that for every new version, being that even worst that the previous, you have to applaud and cheer, just because you don't see the difference or not to offend somebody, that's not the right way for me!
Just to correct your misinformation -
I was one of the first to follow MQn and did a lot of testing for Gordon one to one before he opened it out.
I also supported him on CA.
I do not applaud or cheer every new version. I do detect the differences for better or for worse. In fact many of them are worse than before and I will say so and have done. But that's fine by me, because this is a journey into the unknown by Gordon's admission, and he finds the way forward by making mistakes.

My point was that followers harping back to old WASAPI versions that Gordon has said he will not be going back to, is unproductive and would be better done on a separate thread, leaving this thread to KS.

That's my view, but that should not stop you following Gordon in your own way and I hope that you will continue to do so.
hopefully that ends that particular episode.

JIrling provided the main feedback during the initial development when the compile and linker settings were being tested. So thanks to him and everyone else who has commented.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

"My point was that followers harping back to old WASAPI versions that Gordon has said he will not be going back to, is unproductive and would be better done on a separate thread, leaving this thread to KS."
First of all, nobody here including me is not asking Gordon to go back to WASAPI at all. If you find anything that would say so, slap me right away, please. I probably missed something somewhere.
Second of all, this thread was about WASAPI for ages, just recently KS, and for some limited time JLP, so why would someone not be able here to mention WASAPI, why would you think it is unproductive? Why do you think that your opinion is the absolute, and if you say that some KS version is the best, it is really the best? Where is that confidence coming from?
Last edited by cvrle59 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded portaudio v54
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

cvrle59 wrote:"My point was that followers harping back to old WASAPI versions that Gordon has said he will not be going back to, is unproductive and would be better done on a separate thread, leaving this thread to KS."
First of all, nobody here including me is not asking Gordon to go back to WASAPI at all. If you find anything that would say so, slap me right away, please. I probably missed something somewhere.
Second of all, this thread was about WASAPI for ages, just recently KS, and for some limited time JLP, so why would someone not be able here to mention WASAPI, why would you think it is unproductive? Why do you think that you opinion is absolute, and if you say that some KS version is the best, it is really the best? Where is that confidence coming from?
please just let it go, we've already established that the premise of Jon's comment was based on the misreading of a joke.

any comments about the latest version ?
Clive

Post by Clive »

V53 and V54 sound very free and open. V54 has a more fleshed out sound stage. Both versions truncate tracks a few secs early.
Clive

Post by Clive »

I just checked a wasapi version. That's trucating too. Hmm...need to work out why.
jrling

Post by jrling »

sbgk wrote:
please just let it go, we've already established that the premise of Jon's comment was based on the misreading of a joke.
Absolutely. Peace to anyone I have inadvertently upset.
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub