Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Cyndale

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by Cyndale »

cybot wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:19 pm Triple vinyl edition with d/l card.

https://youtu.be/uWC1QUaQRos
Some good tracks but unusual title Before the Beginning, doesn't the beginning mean the point in time or space at which something begins.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Cyndale wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:25 pm

Some good tracks but unusual title Before the Beginning, doesn't the beginning mean the point in time or space at which something begins.
It's just a rehash of the title of the last song on their 'Then Play On' album. Maybe it should have been retitled 'Before the (New) Beginning'. Anyway I'll leave all that metaphysical stuff to the Hoffman's ;)
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

cybot wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:32 pm

It's just a rehash of the title of the last song on their 'Then Play On' album. Maybe it should have been retitled 'Before the (New) Beginning'. Anyway I'll leave all that metaphysical stuff to the Hoffman's ;)
Worried Dream is about as good as it gets! Enjoy!
cybot

Post by cybot »

Cyndale wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:16 pm

Thanks! Here's another one....or two. Dig the mouth harp on "I Loved Another Woman"

cybot

Post by cybot »

If you're of a nervous disposition audiophilia wise then stay absolutely clear of this! On the other hand if you really want to really annoy someone who's constantly blowing about his untouchable system them buy them this for Christmas ;) Good enough for framing at the very least :)

Last edited by cybot on Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybot

Post by cybot »

......on the other hand buy them this 4 and a half Lp box set of the Dead from Giants Stadium '91 ;)

Definitely a shocker for me if truth be told as I definitely was not expecting this level of improv. from the latter Dead period. Stunning sonics and playing helped in no small way by the new arrivals Vince Welnick and Bruce Hornsby. Garcia's guitar has never sounded so good with a beautifully realised country blues sheen. Is it as good as the Cornell set? It's actually BETTER.......by miles!

markof

Post by markof »

Lovely 6 cd set just out.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
cybot

Post by cybot »

markof wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:52 pm Image

Lovely 6 cd set just out.
On my list :)
Is it worth forking out for Mark? Love the condensed original vinyl though.....but I do love outtakes/alt recordings too.
tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:57 pm

Thanks! Here's another one....or two. Dig the mouth harp on "I Loved Another Woman"

Haven't opened it yet but was under my tree on Wednesday morning!
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:42 pm
cybot wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:57 pm

Haven't opened it yet but was under my tree on Wednesday morning!
Nice! Enjoy 😊