MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

JC,

that's one of the worst most disrespectful posts I've seen, you should be ashamed of yourself.

2.71 was never that good.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

shoom wrote:Hi All

I have PA 38 and mqnplay v 7.35 sse loaded at the moment and it’s astoundingly good to my ears.

More meat on the bones in the lower mid and bass.

I have Xmos drivers and like Jling I’m having the first few seconds at the start of playback cut off. It’s no big deal as the rest sounds so very good but I’ve had this before with other players that I’ve tried.

In my experience it has something to do with:

1) The latency setting on the Xmos drivers (I’ll have a play with that later)(what settings do you have for that Jonathan?)I have my settings @ lowest latency ATM.
2) The buffer size.(can only be set for KS in the programme).

Is it possible to have a feature for adjusting the buffer size? I may be wrong so feel free to correct if necessary.

Just a thought.

Great work guys

Great work Gordon.
am going to add a couple of seconds silence to the start
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:JC,

that's one of the worst most disrespectful posts I've seen, you should be ashamed of yourself.

+1

I wanted to stay as mild as possible in my comment above, to avoid more tension here, but I'm glad that you mentioned it.
I enjoy this community so much and it bothers me a lot when someone reaches so far into someone else's personality. This should be fun...isn't it.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

cvrle59 wrote:

+1

I wanted to stay as mild as possible in my comment above, to avoid more tension here, but I'm glad that you mentioned it.
I enjoy this community so much and it bothers me a lot when someone reaches so far into someone else's personality. This should be fun...isn't it.
I know, constantly digging up old versions hurts me deeply.
m.massimo

Post by m.massimo »

shoom wrote: I have Xmos drivers and like Jling I’m having the first few seconds at the start of playback cut off. It’s no big deal as the rest sounds so very good but I’ve had this before with other players that I’ve tried.

1) The latency setting on the Xmos drivers (I’ll have a play with that later)(what settings do you have for that Jonathan?)I have my settings @ lowest latency ATM.
Hi, I've an XMOS as well (a WaveIO usb->i2s) but I don't suffer any cutoff at the start. Setting in the Thesycon driver is "low latency", if this can help you.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

sbgk wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:

+1

Funny or sad, but I still have to use the "not that good" 2.71 Time1 for the HiRez files! That's the longest lasting version in my system!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sima66 wrote:
sbgk wrote:
Funny or sad, but I still have to use the "not that good" 2.71 Time1 for the HiRez files! That's the longest lasting version in my system!

And it will have to last a very long time!!!!
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
jrling

Post by jrling »

m.massimo wrote:
shoom wrote: I have Xmos drivers and like Jling I’m having the first few seconds at the start of playback cut off. It’s no big deal as the rest sounds so very good but I’ve had this before with other players that I’ve tried.

Hi, I've an XMOS as well (a WaveIO usb->i2s) but I don't suffer any cutoff at the start. Setting in the Thesycon driver is "low latency", if this can help you.
Hi
I have my Thesycon driver set to 'Low Latency' (one slower than 'Minimum Latency'. I have always had it at that setting, since taggart recommendd it and I agreed it was just a little edgy on Minimum.

KS buffer is as you say in the control of Gordon. I believe he said in a post recently that he is setting it at 448 which was the best setting for me in Pro Audio with WASAPI.
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
jrling

Post by jrling »

Just tried 7.35 SSE2/3.64/PAv38 and it was magnificent. Difficult to believe it is 16/44.1
The annoying random clicking was absent.

Listened to Dire Straits - Communique which I also happen to have on vinyl. MQn played it just like it would sound (to my ears) on a very good turntable - but better! Unbelievably good.

My pristine Garrard 301/SME3009 is going to be up for sale soon - MQn KS is so much better.
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded portaudio v40, think that's the best I can get without replacing portaudio.

As the natives seem to be getting restless I'm going to take a break.