MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
cvrle59

Re: MQN

Post by cvrle59 »

I can play both...thanks.
I can hear the difference with Hugo, but they are becoming smaller and smaller. I agree with Aleg, that 5.14 is an amazing version, and I still tend to compare everything to it. This new KS stuff is right there, if not already better. I need to go back and forth quite a few times before I give up on 5.14.
That version and DSD remind me to pure analog reproduction. All the details and dynamics are there, with so much air around instruments and vocals, but with some kind of softness...I would call it musicality. You reached to that point already, but we learned, how capable you are, so it'll just get better...
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:....
tried wasapi 5.14 and not a touch on ks, sound seems flat and sharp without the level of detail. ....
Something must be seriously amiss in your system or setup.
I don't recognise any of such terms for mine.
well that's my opinion, your opinion is my system is broke, bit uncalled for.
Not so IMHO, when multiple people using different systems/setups report on sound quality which are very favourable for this version and then you come, on your own, with very negative qualifications that are different in such a big way that these cannot objectively be missed by others, there must be something very different happening in your system compared to the other systems. And you being the only one reporting such differences I assume it must be your system that is acting strangely.

I have seen it happening recently regarding the Hugo DAC, where one person reported extremely negative on the characteristics of the Hugo he said he tried in his system, that it could only be due to his system that he should experience such a big difference in character.

Differences are sometimes just too big to be just a matter of opinion.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

you're a funny guy
Clive

Post by Clive »

Will the fabled 5.14 avx work on ivy bridge or is it just for the few with haswell?

I hope the needle in a couple of posts recently doesn't sour things here.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:you're a funny guy
I know :-() LOL

But I'm serious, sometimes reported differences are such that it cannot be just a matter of opinion and there has to be something else playing a role too.
If that's the case here we cannot establish except by a meeting and listening to the same thing.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
tony

Post by tony »

Clive wrote:Will the fabled 5.14 avx work on ivy bridge or is it just for the few with haswell?

I hope the needle in a couple of posts recently doesn't sour things here.
That's creative tension Clive! Gordon can we have a 5.14sse2 version to have a listen?
Minor diversion from the KS road map.

Certainly for the irish contingent meet ups are very much part of the process. Having said that Shelby Lynn Just a Little Lovin
and Oscar Peterson's You Look Good To Me one can feel the tension in the room at this stage when these tracks are played for the 1000th time. Everybody's systems are different and also our preferences. e.g Nigel - Garth Brooks and Bon Scott!

MQn is one part. Amp/Speakers/PC(as I well know), cables,power supply all contribute.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
3daudio

Post by 3daudio »

Just to add to everyone's confusion. I know at least three people with different systems altogether who do not rank 5.14 as best, but as flat and uninspiring sounding.
All of these people have their own different favourite wasapi version.

There is no such thing as ONE reference version.
MQn-Player/WinServer12/AudioOptimizer 1.26-> Audioquest Diamond USB -> AR-T Legato II -> AMR DP-777 -> MEG 901K
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

make a wasapi 5.14 sse so i can criticize it and end everyones dream
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

v34 > v33
v34 > v31

details is more and more in each version

treble bass balance is coming along.

(tested with 7.18sse)
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

3daudio wrote:Just to add to everyone's confusion. I know at least three people with different systems altogether who do not rank 5.14 as best, but as flat and uninspiring sounding.
All of these people have their own different favourite wasapi version.

There is no such thing as ONE reference version.
You can say that you like something better, I would not have problem with that kind of conclusion at all, but to call 5.14 flat and uninspiring...I would question my system and my methods.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1