It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

Sligolad

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by Sligolad »

Trying out a new pic hosting site called Postimage to load a pic for the Transformer lengths.

Post by nige2000 »

how many of these terminals are we short?
http://ie.farnell.com/te-connectivity-a ... dp/2506327

ill get em ordered

ive had a look ive 100 pieces here do we need more than that
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

the primaries will need extending too to get to the back of the case
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Hi Nige, did not get started yet on my batch, too much going on this past 2 weeks but I am hoping this coming weekend will make a big dent in the work required.
I think i may have enough terminals but I will have a better idea next week, bought some extra as I was in Maplins geting some silver solder recently.

Any idea what length we need for the power supply lines, we did not get a measurement on that at Frans last time?

Bought some red and black shrink wrap from Radionics which I might try and use to tidy up the cables as the braiding looked too messy when we last looked at using it.

Post by nige2000 »

Sligolad wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:10 pm Hi Nige, did not get started yet on my batch, too much going on this past 2 weeks but I am hoping this coming weekend will make a big dent in the work required.
I think i may have enough terminals but I will have a better idea next week, bought some extra as I was in Maplins geting some silver solder recently.

Any idea what length we need for the power supply lines, we did not get a measurement on that at Frans last time?

Bought some red and black shrink wrap from Radionics which I might try and use to tidy up the cables as the braiding looked too messy when we last looked at using it.
most guys are unavailable til next month between hols and work commitments

maybe leave the primaries til we get a measurement

my thoughts on the braid was to use the smaller round braid i got coz its tidier,
and if necessary cut all secondaries about inch half from the toroid and extend from there for sake of uniformity

it will fit reasonably easily over the existing secondaries
see pic
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I did not have any braiding so used some heat shrink instead.
Glad to finally get most of this work out of the way as it was tedious...did not do any checks yet but hopefully no duds!!

Missing about 20 Connectors but can add them quickly at the next get together.

Post by nige2000 »

Nice work
I made a speaker cable out of solid core silver and heat shrinked it
Never again
The heatshrinking was painful
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

lovely work Pearse....
Do or do not, there is no try
Derek

Post by Derek »

The ones I did look a bit like this;

NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Looks like we are nearly done with this part so - the copper links are underway as well - so I think we are getting fairly close to being able to make a start on assembly?

We could start by mounting the batteries into the cages, fitting them to the bottom plate, figuring the neatest run for wiring front panel to back etc.
Do or do not, there is no try