Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

Shane, I came across this customer review on Amazon. Is his negative vibes OTT? Only you can decide :) Anyhow I enjoyed his rant on the cover 😃

https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/reviews-ren ... geNumber=5
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ways to feel miserable for free. The nineties have a lot to answer for 😳

tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:11 pm Shane, I came across this customer review on Amazon. Is his negative vibes OTT? Only you can decide :) Anyhow I enjoyed his rant on the cover 😃

Ha Ha, thanks Dermot. Had decided to hold off for the moment anyhow but that made me laugh.
Got this and enjoying it at the moment:
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:26 pm
cybot wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:11 pm Shane, I came across this customer review on Amazon. Is his negative vibes OTT? Only you can decide :) Anyhow I enjoyed his rant on the cover 😃

Ha Ha, thanks Dermot. Had decided to hold off for the moment anyhow but that made me laugh.
Got this and enjoying it at the moment:
Yay a cover with boobs lol! Glad you enjoyed the rant too. Can't believe that the dinosaur jr. is still stalking the earth. Good on him, I say!
mcq

Post by mcq »

First listen to the Grateful Dead live set, Cornell 5/8/77, this afternoon with the new Esoteric.  The energy and emotion of the original recording is just reproduced so vividly.  The bass of Phil Lesh  -  the cornerstone of most great live Dead sets  -  is articulated powerfully and with great clarity and it is just a pleasure to follow the man's bass lines so easily.  The groove he sets down and subtly develops throughout Dancing In The Steet is a personal highlight. There is such a harmonic richness to Garcia's guitar lines and both drummers' contributions come through with a tremendous weight and heft.  Incredible!

Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
cybot

Post by cybot »

mcq wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:26 pm First listen to the Grateful Dead live set, Cornell 5/8/77, this afternoon with the new Esoteric.  The energy and emotion of the original recording is just reproduced so vividly.  The bass of Phil Lesh  -  the cornerstone of most great live Dead sets  -  is articulated powerfully and with great clarity and it is just a pleasure to follow the man's bass lines so easily.  The groove he sets down and subtly develops throughout Dancing In The Steet is a personal highlight. There is such a harmonic richness to Garcia's guitar lines and both drummers' contributions come through with a tremendous weight and heft.  Incredible!

Glad you're enjoying the music Paul. Must be something else up there in that rarefied hi fi land!

Still haven't bitten the bullet yet on the vinyl edition. I do have a lot of Grateful Dead live sets which I never tire of. I believe the sound quality of this particular set is special. To tell the truth I'm more interested in the performance. Anyway you've inspired me to go listen to some YouTube clips of the gig.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Another day, another Bevis Frond opus lands. Double vinyl on Fire Records. #23. What a guy!

Plus Tower have it on the shelves too I hear. What are you waiting for, man??

cybot

Post by cybot »

Five Lp box set with tenth side etched. Finally relented yesterday and pulled the trigger. Christmas and all that. Anyway I had a good listen last night and this morning. Then I went into a cold sweat, not once but twice. Why? Two names: Frampton (Comes Alive) and Carlton (Haitian Divorce). That dreaded sickly sweet wah wah sound! I'll say no more as I got over it and eventually calmed down to enjoy the rest. In the end I'm so, so glad I went for it.....As classic a live album as they come with the band in Dead sync and Phil Lesh doing his bass thing as only he can. Gerry, as always, is truly majestic and gets a great tone on his trusty guitar.

I blame Christmas and Paul 🎸

Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

cybot wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:43 pm Five Lp box set with tenth side etched. Finally relented yesterday and pulled the trigger. Christmas and all that. Anyway I had a good listen last night and this morning. Then I went into a cold sweat, not once but twice. Why? Two names: Frampton (Comes Alive) and Carlton (Haitian Divorce). That dreaded sickly sweet wah wah sound! I'll say no more as I got over it and eventually calmed down to enjoy the rest. In the end I'm so, so glad I went for it.....As classic a live album as they come with the band in Dead sync and Phil Lesh doing his bass thing as only he can. Gerry, as always, is truly majestic and gets a great tone on his trusty guitar.

Gosh, you learn something new every day, I had no idea Peter Frampton and Larry Carlton were in the Grateful Dead at one time!
cybot

Post by cybot »

Cyndale wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:27 pm
cybot wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:43 pm Five Lp box set with tenth side etched. Finally relented yesterday and pulled the trigger. Christmas and all that. Anyway I had a good listen last night and this morning. Then I went into a cold sweat, not once but twice. Why? Two names: Frampton (Comes Alive) and Carlton (Haitian Divorce). That dreaded sickly sweet wah wah sound! I'll say no more as I got over it and eventually calmed down to enjoy the rest. In the end I'm so, so glad I went for it.....As classic a live album as they come with the band in Dead sync and Phil Lesh doing his bass thing as only he can. Gerry, as always, is truly majestic and gets a great tone on his trusty guitar.

Gosh, you learn something new every day, I had no idea Peter Frampton and Larry Carlton were in the Grateful Dead at one time!
Yer having a laugh 😂 What I meant was.....ah go figure it out yourself lol!

Seriously I was referring to that wah wah thing that Frampton and Carlton were doing at the time. Remember Frampton Comes Llive? Remember the wah wah sounding voice box? A thing from hell! As for poor old Larry? Remember his guitar playing on the Steely Dan track Haitian Divorce? Well Jerry Garcia copped both, not once, but twice on this particular live set! Nothing wrong with that, particularly Larry's playing on HD, which is actually good but Frampton drove me insane and nearly turned me off the guitar for life. I can still see his gurning face from the live album cover 😃