MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
lukivision

Re: MQN

Post by lukivision »

Clive wrote:
lukivision wrote:I still can get no sound. 7.05 sse is the latest working. I´m using taggart´s mqnload. Interesting: mqnparam.txt seems to have no influence at all, I can delete it and still hear music.

Luki
Is there some way you can share 7.05 SSE with me? It's not in Main or Archive. I should check to see if it works in my system. I'll PM my email in case you can send it.

Cheers
No problem, you have PM.

Luki
Clive

Post by Clive »

lukivision wrote:
Clive wrote:
lukivision wrote:I still can get no sound. 7.05 sse is the latest working. I´m using taggart´s mqnload. Interesting: mqnparam.txt seems to have no influence at all, I can delete it and still hear music.

Luki
Is there some way you can share 7.05 SSE with me? It's not in Main or Archive. I should check to see if it works in my system. I'll PM my email in case you can send it.

Cheers
No problem, you have PM.

Luki
Excellent test! 7.05 SSE works on my laptop. So what is it we have in common? I'm running 8.1 into an Octave mkII dac which has an M2Tech USB input card. I'm using the Young driver. We both get no music with 7.16 so I wonder what is the cause. Gordon....please......
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

OK more madness and fun on my end....turns out the 24 192 track by Grover Washington was playing at half speed!!, yet it was probably the most intoxicating, holographic and great sounding piece of music I have ever heard through my speakers believe it or not, I am looking forward to playing this at the next get together and seeing some amazed faces :-))

Given that all HiRez is now locking in at 96k using MQNplayer 2496 5.14 avx2 on the Meitner pretty sure the 24 88 tracks are being sped up a little, need a comparison as they do sound different but good.
So its 24 96 files for proper playback speed....all beginning to sound a bit analogue with tape speeds and turntable speeds don't you think, but sounding very analogue as well!

Who ever said PC based playback was no fun and lacked soul.....been a weird and wonderful evening so far in my digital world :-)

Post by sbgk »

Sligolad wrote:OK more madness and fun on my end....turns out the 24 192 track by Grover Washington was playing at half speed!!, yet it was probably the most intoxicating, holographic and great sounding piece of music I have ever heard through my speakers believe it or not, I am looking forward to playing this at the next get together and seeing some amazed faces :-))

Given that all HiRez is now locking in at 96k using MQNplayer 2496 5.14 avx2 on the Meitner pretty sure the 24 88 tracks are being sped up a little, need a comparison as they do sound different but good.
So its 24 96 files for proper playback speed....all beginning to sound a bit analogue with tape speeds and turntable speeds don't you think, but sounding very analogue as well!

Who ever said PC based playback was no fun and lacked soul.....been a weird and wonderful evening so far in my digital world :-)
was going to suggest that, but thought you might have noticed.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded v31 portaudio normal/avx2, bit of an improvement

tested the normal vs avx2 and avx2 sounds tighter, even though it's just a build setting it must be using some avx instructions

v31 was still one function wrapper away from calling the output function directly, might be good programming practice, but not what is required for MQn.

so v32 is as close to the metal as I can get.

Still want to remove the intermediate buffer, but it already sounds superb. So good it hurts your head to listen to it.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

clive if the parameter isn't working then you have the wrong control , I use 3.64

some people couldn't play 7.16, try 7.15
Clive

Post by Clive »

Thanks Gordon. I'll try 7.15. It was Luki who's parameter did nothing, I've not messed with it. I'm using 3.64 control.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Clive wrote:Thanks Gordon. I'll try 7.15. It was Luki who's parameter did nothing, I've not messed with it. I'm using 3.64 control.

oops
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded mqnplay 7.18 avx2, ks equivalent of 5.14, exactly the same loop without the wasapi bits
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

randomly found an interesting article...

apparently usb transfers data default to 64kB/s
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2581464

by using "MaximumTransferLength" reg key, speed can go up to 2MB/s as long as your usb supports it.

tutorial:
http://www.techgravy.net/kb2581464-incr ... windows-7/

maybe it gives better latency for those with USB DAC?