MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:
sbgk wrote: sounds pretty good, different to wasapi, more natural ? I would say it's already better than the wasapi versions for musicality, lacking in absolute detail, so probably a few weeks away from finished product.
ks always had a nice flow to it, suppose the fear is that it will badly lack in detail as it sorta has a spongy sound in comparison th mqn wasapi

suppose if mqn ks had mqn wasapi detail/speed/agility it should be a winner
don't know if that is due to ks using c and wasapi using c++, there is something about setting up the com environment that gives a certain crispness to the sound. I'll try it and see.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Thanks for the donation to UNICEF, Ken. I wasn't asking for more donations, I was just clarifying my position after Aleg's crass statement 'He also asked for donations to be given, so money was spent on his promises.'

If you decide which version you want then I'll do a hirez version over the weekend.
sebna

Post by sebna »

taggart wrote:
sebna wrote:Is there a way to adjust a Temp directory location for MQNLoad? I am using only older version of it but the problem is that it locates Temp folder for flac to wav conversion in same folder as MQN player which is on C in my case which effectively makes an OS drive a music store as all the converted music is played from OS drive from temp folder.
Seb,
converted music is only loaded from OS drive, but played from RAM. So I don't think it's that relevant ...
Though, if you like, I can make a new version with configurable "cache" path, but only based on the LATEST mqnload version. Would that be interesting for you or do you want to use (for any reason) the older version that still used the "temp" sub directory?
Christoph
Hi Christopher,

It would be great if you could make version like this.

Thanks,
seb
i5@800mhz haswell, 16gb @800mhz, H87 mb with PPA TCXO, PPA V1 USB
no storage of any kind, SATA disabled in BIOS, RAMos, W2012 R2, AO 1.26, MQN
Teradak ATX LPSU 210W & 5v LPSU for clean 5v to DAC
Meitner MA-1, Primare Pre30 + A33.2, Zingali HM 2.10+
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

You're welcome, Gordon. Donations are tiny compared to the cash we squander on gear like USB Cables etc, so everybody should horse in a few euro / pounds / dollars for a good cause.
My weapon of choice would be 6.15avx2
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Ken Moreland wrote:You're welcome, Gordon. Donations are tiny compared to the cash we squander on gear like USB Cables etc, so everybody should horse in a few euro / pounds / dollars for a good cause.
My weapon of choice would be 6.15avx2
KM
so so true
dont forget all the stuff bought that doesnt even work out/ didnt like/ fried it etc etc
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

Aleg wrote:
jrling wrote:Amanero & Thesycon drivers both support KS
Exasound DACs don't, they are ASIO only.

They are very much a bits-are-bits company and actively discouraging players like JPlay, therefore I would never buy or recommend any products from them.

And more exist that don't do KS.
at least one company is thinking clearly
lukivision

Post by lukivision »

Even though I could not contribute so much in this fantastic project, I have a wish: please dont forget us, who use win8.1 with an older machine (no avx) and no idea about windows registry and so on. ;-)

Luki
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded portaudio v22 avx2 and mqnplay 7.05 avx2, still stuck on device 4.

think it's already surpassed wasapi for atmospherics and detail, very promising, have only scratched the surface of what's possible. need to get the device sorted so people can have a try.
tony

Post by tony »

Ok looks like the ship is sailing off in this new direction with a bit of head wind might as well jump aboard and see if we get to the promised land.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded portaudio_x64.dll v23 and mqnplay 7.05, both in avx2 and normal versions.

the last device will be selected by default, so you should be able to get up and running ie usually internal speakers will be 1 and usb device last or if usb device not connected then the internal speakers will be selected.

just put the portaudio_x64.dll into the same directory as mqnplay1644.exe

remarkable sq already, could stop here, but think there are a few more easy tweaks.

the new portaudio dll will also improve the sq of jlp player, haven't tested it yet though.