Americana and suchlike

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Derek

Re: Americana and suchlike

Post by Derek »

NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

ImageJeff Tweedy's band before forming Wilco...
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Do or do not, there is no try
Claus

Post by Claus »

Got this one from HDtracks. Lots of great tracks and very well recorded.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

as mentioned in the "what did ye get?" forum...
this is an absolute gem. Ry puts on the the dusty hat of Woody Guthrie and brings us modern depression (recession?) era songs. On the way he nods at John Lee Hooker, RL Burnside, Tom Waits, Freddie Fender and a few more I probably missed. The pack I got included a 2 disc vinyl issue plus a CD copy. The CD is great but the vinyl is way better!

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:as mentioned in the "what did ye get?" forum...
this is an absolute gem. Ry puts on the the dusty hat of Woody Guthrie and brings us modern depression (recession?) era songs. On the way he nods at John Lee Hooker, RL Burnside, Tom Waits, Freddie Fender and a few more I probably missed. The pack I got included a 2 disc vinyl issue plus a CD copy. The CD is great but the vinyl is way better!

Wow! Thanks for the tip Ivor, I've just ordered my copy! Just assumed it wasn't released on vinyl.... I believe it's an absolute gem too.

Edit: Cancelled due to very high postage charge! They were adding on nearly €13.00 postage on top of the €24.00 they were charging! From Germany too....Ah well maybe another time.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I'm almost certain I saw that in tower cybot.... on vinyl.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Fran wrote:I'm almost certain I saw that in tower cybot.... on vinyl.
Thanks Fran, maybe I might be able to pick it up tomorrow....
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I've been keeping an eye out for any of Karen Dalton's two albums at a reasonable price - the reissues were very very dear. Anyway, today I had a rare browse in my local Oxfam and spotted this gem on CD for a €5

It is stunning. Every track better than the last. "Katie Cruel" - a very simple recording, has tingles going all over my head and neck. Her version of "When a man loves a women" redefines everything about the song. I may well divide the world into those who "get" Karen Dalton and those who don't.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

You have me intrigued Ivor - never heard of her, need to go and find something now!!