Birthday coming up!! Forum meet up!

tony

Re: Birthday coming up!! Forum meet up!

Post by tony »

Fran, Thanks a million for hosting this and for all your hospitality. It was great to put faces to so many of the members.
Spent probably too much time talking and didnt do enough listening but I did get to here the stacked quads with turntable/lector cd and hiface. Very impressed with all especially the hiface amazing sound for small bucks.
Never got to try out some of the cds I brought but next time!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:... and I would like to offer a personal thanks to all who attended.
G'way otta dat! Huge thanks to you and your family (who absented themselves to accomodate a shower of audio nerds) your hospitaity is exceptional.

Great day had, lovey to meet new freinds and catch up with old ones, as always you guys provide the finest company possible.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Derek

Post by Derek »

Many thanks Fran for hosting a great meet.
I had a ball chatting with the lads and putting faces to names.
What a sound those stacked Quads make with the Lector CDP and the little ATM4, I now know the route to divorce.
Rammstein sounds better I your place than mine, but you knew that…
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
james

Post by james »

Thanks Fran for a great day -- I always wanted to hear stacked Quads. Great to meet so many nice people. James. [By the way, your directions were very clear].
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Modest

Post by Modest »

Ahhhh nice meet up alright.
Big thanks to the Fran it was great show I just want to say your Quads are more than heaven.
It was nice to meet all the lads from the forum as well
Looking forward to second one :)
PS. I have some pictures but not to much as I was listening to music :)

Thanks to all for good time and music
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
fergus

Post by fergus »

A big thank you to Fran and his family for opening up their home to us rabble for the afternoon. I really enjoyed the chat with all of the guys and listening to all of the equipment. These meet ups are always worth attending and one learns so much at them. Roll on the next one and once again a big thanks to Fran for the friendly hospitality!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Fran, thanks for a great day, which I rounded off with a couple of pints of creamy stout. Much impressed with the Lector/Air Tight/Quads sound and of course the wonderful hospitality.
Bset regards,
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
k99_64

Post by k99_64 »

Claus

Post by Claus »

Thanks very much Fran for a great afternoon, which I would love to have stretched into the evening, was it not for family duties. Had some great chat (very useful advice more like) and was amazed by the sound and DIY skills of both systems. Inspirational!
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

:Blush:

Nice to see the pics. Those airtights have a magic inside - they really are something else. I just might have to investigate an EL34 amp for the quads.....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try