Recent Purchases

Seán

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:Image
Fergus, do you like that Köln ensemble? Tower have a box set of their recordings at a very reasonable price and I have often wondered whether or not I should get it.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

They are one of the finest ensembles that are in my collection Seán....I have a number of their recordings and I can highly recommend them if one likes the music that they play.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:They are one of the finest ensembles that are in my collection Seán....I have a number of their recordings and I can highly recommend them if one likes the music that they play.
I second that Seán. I have a few recordings too and they are pretty good.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:They are one of the finest ensembles that are in my collection Seán....I have a number of their recordings and I can highly recommend them if one likes the music that they play.
Splendid, thank you Fergus and you too Dave.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Hey Seán....I thought that you gave up spending for Lent!!!
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:Hey Seán....I thought that you gave up spending for Lent!!!
Tower have just started a loyalty card scheme.............oops, what was that about lent again? :-D
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

Don't you be encouraging him!!!
Seán

Post by Seán »

No, I haven't. This year, I have slowed down though. I need to listen to the CDs that I have already acquired. That said I am still collecting Haydn CDs.
Seán

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote:
Tower have just started a loyalty card scheme.............oops, what was that about lent again? :-D
About bloody time. It's a bit late for me though, feckin' typical!
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:
No, I haven't. This year, I have slowed down though. I need to listen to the CDs that I have already acquired. That said I am still collecting Haydn CDs.
Last year I sold quite a number of both Rock and Classical Music cds purely to make space. I have now actually replaced the same quantity, if not more and I now have the problem of restricted storage space looming again!