MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: MQN

Post by nige2000 »

Tryed Flamingo sketches myself its almost likeable now
which is better than my ears bleeding like it used to

the high res is a miss though
what sort of detail would that have?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:Tryed Flamingo sketches myself its almost likeable now
which is better than my ears bleeding like it used to

the high res is a miss though
what sort of detail would that have?

'its almost likeable now' Mmm me thinks you still have a bit to learn!

Oh Found out why I had such problems with MQn on the first use. The Caetano Veloso/David Byrne tracks had odd characters(not the performers) é etc hence MQn bombing out.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I tried 2.52 sse2 tonight - very impressive. This was just off a laptop running W8. Sound from jplay streaming between the same laptop and the zuma - well jplay was fuller and more body, and texture and soundstage depth. A bit more sibilance with the MQN too. BUT that is a totally unfair comparison, so I think the next test is to run it on the zuma (optimised) and see how she goes.

Very impressive work though, and the critical thing, far more important than the fact that there are multiple versions, file supports, improvements etc is that the developer is posting what he's doing to change the sound. THAT is the the most important thing.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
tony

Post by tony »

Fran wrote:I tried 2.52 sse2 tonight - very impressive. This was just off a laptop running W8. Sound from jplay streaming between the same laptop and the zuma - well jplay was fuller and more body, and texture and soundstage depth. A bit more sibilance with the MQN too. BUT that is a totally unfair comparison, so I think the next test is to run it on the zuma (optimised) and see how she goes.

Very impressive work though, and the critical thing, far more important than the fact that there are multiple versions, file supports, improvements etc is that the developer is posting what he's doing to change the sound. THAT is the the most important thing.

Fran
Good post Fran as it demonstrates that the PC spec/System spec also still matters. Jplay is polished, MQn is diy by comparison and no hires. At least now there are a variety of ways of implementing good quality CA and people can decide a route depending on their budget. I wonder how Jplay would sound on your laptop compared to MQn? Is that an easy test to try? I will compare it maybe later using the prima luna and spendors and just one laptop
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Modest

Post by Modest »

nige2000 wrote:
is there anyone else trying these??
or am i uploading for the crack

john is there much sq difference between sse2 and sse4 ?
ive only tried sse2 once..
Yep Nige ,hope to try 2.53 this evening after thrilling sse4 version .
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Modest wrote:
nige2000 wrote:
is there anyone else trying these??
or am i uploading for the crack

john is there much sq difference between sse2 and sse4 ?
ive only tried sse2 once..
Yep Nige ,hope to try 2.53 this evening after thrilling sse4 version .
good
i dont mind doing it as long as its been made use of

ps we will probably be on v 2.60 by tonight
i often downloaded in morning listened to in the evening check online to then realize there's been four versions since morning
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Claus

Post by Claus »

I thought it was fun to read his stats as to which countries downloaded most... Have a new Sandisk in the post for Server with MQN testing... ;)
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Ah skip 2.6 - we're on v3.1!!

Can someone tell me hte difference between sse2 and sse4? Something to do with dual or quad cores?

Fran
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Version 2 is for usb dacs
Version 3 is something else
sse s are an instruction set the newer sse4 seems better so far
sse2 is for older cpus
if you look up your cpu it will tell you which instruction sets are compatible

fran your ok for sse4
I think all I series intel cpus are ok
dont hold me to that though
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

sse4 works ok so I'll stick with that.....