What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
fergus

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by fergus »

Steadily building the vinyl collection Dave....
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:Are the Hendrix Lps the new remasters? I have a funny feeling that his first one is the digital remaster - is it a double? Finally where did you get them?
yes, both the Hendrix LPs are the new remasters and both are from the original analog tapes. "...Axis.." is a double LP. I bought them in Freebird and the rest in Tower. I think that there are two Live ones left in Freebird.
Thanks for the info Dave. Are you sure 'Axis.....' is a double? Is it not 'Are you Experienced'...
Anyway let us know what you think of the sound/mastering....and, by the way, ENJOY :-)))
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:Steadily building the vinyl collection Dave....
and steadily emptying the bank account at the same time too! :-(
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote: Are you sure 'Axis.....' is a double? Is it not 'Are you Experienced'...
Actually you're correct! "..Experienced" is the double. I thought Axis was a double too but its just the way the vinyl cover is made. The first compartment had a little booklet whearas I thought it had an LP inside.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote: Are you sure 'Axis.....' is a double? Is it not 'Are you Experienced'...
Actually you're correct! "..Experienced" is the double. I thought Axis was a double too but its just the way the vinyl cover is made. The first compartment had a little booklet whearas I thought it had an LP inside.
Whew, I was worried for a bit?!?!? Now if you can bear with me for a little while: are you 100% sure that the 'Are You Experienced' cover you showed is not the '97 digital remaster? The reason I ask is because I cannot find the 2010 remaster using the cover you used...all I'm getting is the American version ie where 'Red House' is omitted; see below...

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:are you 100% sure that that the 'Are You Experienced' cover you showed is not the '97 digital remaster? The reason I ask is because I cannot find the 2010 remaster using the cover you used...all I'm getting is the American version ie where 'Red House' is omitted.
I'm pretty sure that I have the 2010 remaster. Reading the small print on the bottom of the back cover confirms this. "Red House" is also in the version that I have. There was one copy left in Freebird today when I left.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:Image
nah, the cover I have is not this one.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Right in my humble opinion I think you have the '97 remaster as it contains 'Red House';unless someone from the Hendrix estate sneaked the 2010 remaster in the back door of Freebird! If it is the real thing then you just might have yourself a collectors item...
Ah Jesus, now I'm confused :-))) Incidentally I found this link a while ago....dig the reviewers tools - Airtight/Nottingham Analogue .....now have I got your interest :-)))

http://myvinylreview.blogspot.com/2010/ ... ience.html
Last edited by cybot on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybot

Post by cybot »

The 'Are You Experienced' riddle can now be put to bed!! I've just found out that the release that you have Dave is actually exclusive to European customers!! It is indeed a double,just like the '97 remaster...and it's also a Music On Vinyl Sony imprint. Thanks to Diverse for clearing that one up...see link below.Note: 'Are You Experienced' is only available for pre-order!?!?So Dave you got lucky :-))) Please let us know how it sounds...and also what you think of 'Axis...'

http://www.diversevinyl.com/htm/news.php?id=1283
Last edited by cybot on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:and steadily emptying the bank account at the same time too! :-(
LOL!!

....an unfortunate side effect of collecting!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra