MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sima66

Re: MQN

Post by sima66 »

Aleg wrote:I would need 32-bit container versions 24/44, 24/88 and 24/96 as a minimum for playback of most of my music.
Higher sample rates would be welcome but not strictly necessary for me.

And 5.14 is the only one that qualifies IMHO.

Cheers

Aleg
Same thing here and nothing else! ;-)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

I have a large amount of music on 16/44 and MQN is the default. In Hirez I have 24/88 , 24/96 and 24/192 in maybe equal amounts and I'd like to play them all via MQN. I don't mind which version exactly, any recent version will be fine. The KS versions may take plenty of development time and we could be looking at 6-12 months perhaps.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
tony

Post by tony »

Agree 6.17 and 5.14 seem the obvious choices. Milestone based around those gives a definitive benchmark for the new quest!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sebna

Post by sebna »

A small change of topic.

Is there a way to adjust a Temp directory location for MQNLoad? I am using only older version of it but the problem is that it locates Temp folder for flac to wav conversion in same folder as MQN player which is on C in my case which effectively makes an OS drive a music store as all the converted music is played from OS drive from temp folder.

I did a long listening session yesterday and was able to test few versions on my AMD Athlon X2 CPU and found 6.15, 6.16, 6.17 to have aggressive HF (same for few highish 5 version I tried). It was solved by going back to 2.71 version. I found, I think it was 5.84 to be particularity suited for my system but the HF are a bit aggressive as with other high fives and six versions.

In general sound stage is more open and positioning of instruments and sounds is more defined on 5.x and 6.x in compare to 2.71. I would prefer 5.x, 6.x if not the brightens problem on my PC with them. The rather not mentioned by anyone 5.84 has great LF control and natural / organic feel to LF. That was what I noticed without paying too much attention as I was focusing on getting rid of the exited HF in the first place... and then when I found version without it I just listened for few hours ... will do more testing today and I will try 3.39 and few other milestones.

Other than that 6.17 has very liquid flow to it, but perhaps to laid back with suffering PRAT in the end. I have this sensation when I listen to it as it would have fluctuating tempo of playback as the music progresses. Less so with 6.15 but timing of 2.71 is just spot on while I am not so sure about those 3 different 6 versions I tried.

I did not post much in this thread before but I am MQN user and fan for long time and just wanted to say, what an amazing job you are doing Gordon. Thank you very much for MQN and all the hard work which you put into its development.

Thanks,
seb
i5@800mhz haswell, 16gb @800mhz, H87 mb with PPA TCXO, PPA V1 USB
no storage of any kind, SATA disabled in BIOS, RAMos, W2012 R2, AO 1.26, MQN
Teradak ATX LPSU 210W & 5v LPSU for clean 5v to DAC
Meitner MA-1, Primare Pre30 + A33.2, Zingali HM 2.10+
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:...
thought wasapi sits on top of wdm/ks so how can an OS that can play wasapi not have wdm/ks ?
It is a known fact under the 2012 users that KS is lost in default core mode and no wasapi exists in core either.
Philip from AudiophileOptimiser found a way to reinstate KS in core, but never managed to do so with wasapi.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
thought wasapi sits on top of wdm/ks so how can an OS that can play wasapi not have wdm/ks ?
It is a known fact under the 2012 users that KS is lost in default core mode and no wasapi exists in core either.
Philip from AudiophileOptimiser found a way to reinstate KS in core, but never managed to do so with wasapi.
very good, but the question was about an OS that can play wasapi.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
Aleg wrote:

It's nice you made up that question, but nobody said there was such a thing!

Not all drivers offer KS though, while most will do WASAPI.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:

It's nice you made up that question, but nobody said there was such a thing!

Not all drivers offer KS though, while most will do WASAPI.
very good, but the question was about an OS that can play wasapi. Something makes me think you don't like ks.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Trying to follow last few posts but getting confused so here is what I know regarding Server 2012.
GUI mode offers Kernel Streaming and Wasapi support.
Minimal Server mode offers Kernel Streaming and Wasapi support.
Core mode does not offer support for either under windows but as Aleg said Philip from AudiophileOptimiser found a way to reinstate KS in core mode, but never managed to do so with Wasapi.

I look forward to a Kernel Streaming version of MQN then I can switch to core mode for 2012 with AudioPhileOptimiser to enable KS.

Post by jrling »

Amanero & Thesycon drivers both support KS
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub