Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

Gerry D wrote:I'm guessing you have this Dermot ?
I love the production on it. 3D extremes and at one time during track six I swear there's a bug in my ear.
I have the first one alright! Left me underwhelmed. I blame it on the pre-hype.... Heard it all before and much, much better. Still the one you're listening too is probably way better, I don't know....
cybot

Post by cybot »

cybot

Post by cybot »

Here's an unusual new ECM album....pity it's not available on vinyl :-(

Double CD

Boomkat review:

For fans of modern electronic music, this album is something to get excited about. The august and universally revered ECM imprint has granted the highly noted electronic music composers, Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer, access to their vaults for what is effectively their first ever dalliance with remixes and electronic music in general. At Ricardo's Laika studio, over a period of five months in late 2009, the pair recontextualised a number of works by Christian Wallumrød ensemble, Arvo Pärt, Alexander Knaivel, John Abercrombie, Bennie Maupin and more, intent on creating a syncretic suite of compositions using the inherent acoustic space, unique frequencies and musicianship of the recordings, together with a live-mixing-board and modular electronic synthesizer setup, plus some vocal contribution from Cassy. Like the recent Moritz Trio albums for Honest Jon's, they're exploring the relationship between real and simulated sound in a way few have done before them, at once acknowledging their background in electronic club-based music, and seeking to improve it through investigations into the emotional sensations attached to the much broader spectrum of frequencies in acoustic sound, attempting to consolidate two very different reference systems. They're certainly not the first to attempt this, but 'Re: ECM' is surely one of the finest examples we've heard, and a beautifully logical evolution in each artist's respective oeuvres. Package includes informed sleevenotes edited by Peter Weiss from a conversation with the authors. Highly recommended.
cybot

Post by cybot »

On the NA and sounding as sublime as it did when it first came out sometime in the latter part of the 20th Century...
A remembrance of times past and passed from an idyllic Summer's day from dawn to dusk; A gentle symphony of strings,piano,found sounds,voices and time to a long passed childhood where she felt secure.....

fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:On the NA and sounding as sublime as it did when it first came out sometime in the latter part of the 20th Century...
A remembrance of times past and passed from an idyllic Summer's day from dawn to dusk; A gentle symphony of strings,piano,found sounds,voices and time to a long passed childhood where she felt secure.....

That sounds lovely Dermot!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:On the NA and sounding as sublime as it did when it first came out sometime in the latter part of the 20th Century...

Thanks Fergus. You can second guess whose garden the album in question reminded of :-)
Last edited by cybot on Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:
fergus wrote:

Thanks Fergus. You can second whose garden the album in question reminded of :-)
Was it the weeds!!! LOL!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
Thanks Fergus. You can second guess whose garden the album in question reminded of :-)
Was it the weeds!!! LOL!!![/quote]

Along with the swing LOL ;-) Which in turn reminds me of another Lp cover image - see next post.... BTW pass no remarks of the Swedish group name ;-)
Last edited by cybot on Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybot

Post by cybot »

cybot

Post by cybot »

This is something else altogether :-)Does exactly what it says on the tin ie all the early Current '93 albums reimagined electronically and then some...

6 Lp box set...