What are you listening to?

fergus

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

We have two great works superbly played here....Kyung-Wha Chung’s virtuosity definitely brings something else to these two violin concertos.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

bombasticDarren wrote:^^ Yes Sean, the Tafelmusik way with Haydn is extremely captivating. Maybe the best period readings I have heard of Haydn.

Just a quick note here to mention a concert I am attending on Friday:-

Sibelius - Symphony No.4
Prokofiev - Piano Concerto No.1
Stravinsky - Petrushka

Kirill Karabits conductor Khatia Buniatishvili piano
BBC Symphony Orchestra
Lovely stuff Darren. I was aware of that concert as BBC R3 are broadcasting it live on Friday from eight o'clock so I'll have my recorder ready for action. Enjoy.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
ravel30

Post by ravel30 »

Prokofiev Piano Concerto 1 and 2
Lieutenant Kijé Suite
Excerpts from Romeo and Juliet

from my new box set that arrived this morning

Superb !!! And at a bargain price too.

Matt.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Currently listening to the Cello Sonata from....

ravel30

Post by ravel30 »

fergus wrote:Currently listening to the Cello Sonata from....

I have the same cd fergus and enjoy it a lot. Grieg's output of chamber work is top notch in my opinion.

Matt.
fergus

Post by fergus »

ravel30 wrote: I have the same cd fergus and enjoy it a lot. Grieg's output of chamber work is top notch in my opinion.

Matt.
That is interesting Matt. I also like his chamber music a lot but unfortunately I do not have much of it at the moment. It is another area that I would like to explore much more!
Jose Echenique

Post by Jose Echenique »

Hello people. My name is José Echenique but my friends call me Pepe. I live in Mexico City and I have been invited to this Forum by my friend Fergus. I love all Classical Music and most especially Opera.
I hope to make many new friends here, though I can see that I already know many, many friends from other forums.

It´s nice to be in Ireland!
ravel30

Post by ravel30 »

Jose Echenique wrote:Image

Hello people. My name is José Echenique but my friends call me Pepe. I live in Mexico City and I have been invited to this Forum by my friend Fergus. I love all Classical Music and most especially Opera.
I hope to make many new friends here, though I can see that I already know many, many friends from other forums.

It´s nice to be in Ireland!
Hooray !!!!! Jose Echenique is among us too!!! That is such a great news. Welcome to Tir Na Jose! I am super happy about your addition. Just the other day I was on "the other" forum and thought to myself that it would be great if you would join Tir Na since you are a member that I have always like a lot. Excellent choice Fergus!!!

Tir Na is amazing for me since it involves all my favorite members from "the other" forum plus many new ones that I am getting to know and appreciate.

Matt.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Our "local" Rosary Sonatas with Camerata Kilkenny. I listened to Sonata V, The Finding of Jesus in the Temple.
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

Mozart - Sinfonia concertante in E flat (Sabine Meyer/Diethelm Jonas/Bruno Schneider/Sergio Azzolini/Hans Vonk, Staatskapelle Dresden, EMI)