Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:
Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:Ah that is indeed sad news. May he rest in peace......Terrific footage of the original band roaring through Whipping Post. He actually looks a lot like CCR's Tom Fogerty in the video!
Wasn't he in the original Grateful Dead too?
I'm not sure Ivor....Somehow I doubt it.

I know nothing about GD except Garcia. Someone said it to me earlier.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Usually stuck in the Jazz section but not here in this rather barren music zone.

Where are all the hipsters gone? We need fresh ears to tell us what music we should be listening to instead of fretting about the hum from a toroidal octopus. Hedvig aims to shoot and it's you she's aiming at ;)

Up music always!

cybot

Post by cybot »

Saddened to have to report this. He died earlier on the 22nd. Saw him once during his Can Project concerts. Unbelievable presence on the drum stool. God bless you Jaki. Hope you have a great jam with Michael.....

http://pitchfork.com/news/71067-can-dru ... ead-at-78/

markof

Post by markof »

RIP John Wetton.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

ImageFrank Ocean.
Worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
tweber

Post by tweber »

Given this today, on red vinyl
cybot

Post by cybot »

Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

It's summer time chez Sloop, circa 1978, just about to go out in my Renault 4 listening to Radio Nova.

.sjb
tony

Post by tony »

Sloop John B wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:50 pm Image
It's summer time chez Sloop, circa 1978, just about to go out in my Renault 4 listening to Radio Nova.
.sjb
Same year and I remember cycling up the Greenhills Road to the Cuckoo's Nest riding my Raleigh Scorpio when at home PIL & The Cars were played to death but I had some soft stuff also Supertramp and The Eagles(ducks behind sofa) The Renault 4 came later. Went to France in one that had a floor welded into it by my Dad. That was 1989. Complete rust bucket but no matter how badly it was treated always seemed to start.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
cybot

Post by cybot »

One side at a time. Bit by bit. Easy does it. Hand of Doom right behind you. Before you know it 49 years has flashed by......Where to now?