Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

Gerry D wrote:Image Wu Tang Clan and Interpol frontmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like they want one of your turntable's Gerry ;)
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

Haha. No chance. Not the way they do all that hip hop scratching and stuff!

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
cybot

Post by cybot »

Gerry D wrote:Haha. No chance. Not the way they do all that hip hop scratching and stuff!

:)))))))
markof

Post by markof »

Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
cybot

Post by cybot »

cybot

Post by cybot »

From '96 Masaki Batoh, Michio Kurihara and chums kick up a Folk/Rock/Experimental storm and then some. Two discs of black plastic inside a glorious gatefold hardback sleeve. Amazing!

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:
Ivor wrote:I'll join you, albeit a more recent incarnation (and a download)... still bloody good.

You're more than welcome Ivor! The most recent live one I have is from '92. It features the original members including Dickey Betts along with Warren Haines. It's not a bad 'un at all, at all. It's a record store day special featuring 10 tracks from the earlier double cd release. To tell the truth I've never really been gone on the recording. It sounds a bit too cleaned up and perfect. But at least it's got another version of 'In Memory of Elizabeth Reed' with the original writer Betts doing his stuff. Got to be happy with that!

Sad news, Butch Trucks has passed away.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... 69-w462870
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ah that is indeed sad news. May he rest in peace......Terrific footage of the original band roaring through Whipping Post. He actually looks a lot like CCR's Tom Fogerty in the video!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:Ah that is indeed sad news. May he rest in peace......Terrific footage of the original band roaring through Whipping Post. He actually looks a lot like CCR's Tom Fogerty in the video!
Wasn't he in the original Grateful Dead too?
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:Ah that is indeed sad news. May he rest in peace......Terrific footage of the original band roaring through Whipping Post. He actually looks a lot like CCR's Tom Fogerty in the video!
Wasn't he in the original Grateful Dead too?
I'm not sure Ivor....Somehow I doubt it.