MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
cvrle59

Re: MQN

Post by cvrle59 »

"Mqn 5.07 avx2, Diverter2, Hugo, NAC282, NAP300 and Carmen Gomez is enough to get them rolling.
By Aleg"

Avx2 may not work for me, but avx should be good too.
I don't remember you being so excited, it's got to be a special version. Gordon finds the way how to prove that bit are not only bits...:)
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

Finally got a chance to listen 5.07, and guess what, avx2 works on my computer.
What should I say...amazing!
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
jesuscheung

Re: MQN 5.07 SSE2

Post by jesuscheung »

jrling wrote:For those SSE2 jockeys like me, I would suggest 5.07 SSE2 is definitely the best yet.

...Piano superb (when recorded right). Separation top class. Wide sound stage.

If that is 'Hi-fi' (JC) then I like it.
after the pianist hits a note, and after the impact of sound, the note should vibrate in the air a bit longer.
this vibration is particularly strong&lasting. predominating the impact. that's why i thought it sounded "hifi".

this effect is particularly good for fantasy music in computer games.

apart from this, 5.07 is superb.
tony

Post by tony »

cvrle59 wrote:Finally got a chance to listen 5.07, and guess what, avx2 works on my computer.
What should I say...amazing!
That's good news will give that a try if I get a chance over the weekend. avx is working fine.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jesuscheung wrote:
jrling wrote:For those SSE2 jockeys like me, I would suggest 5.07 SSE2 is definitely the best yet.

after the pianist hits a note, and after the impact of sound, the note should vibrate in the air a bit longer.
this vibration is particularly strong&lasting. predominating the impact. that's why i thought it sounded "hifi".

Not that I'm particularly worried about computer games
A bit longer decay wouldn't be any harm
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

nige2000 wrote:
jesuscheung wrote:

Not that I'm particularly worried about computer games
A bit longer decay wouldn't be any harm
Life music, esp. of a good piano has quite a bit of decay, nothing do to with computer games, which don't have a decay BTW.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
jrling

Re: MQN 5.07

Post by jrling »

I defer to JC on the exact nature of piano sound, but surely, when live, it is variable according to the instrument, the venue, and not least what pedal is being used by the pianist - all of which will potentially affect the amount of decay. Then when transferred to a recording, of course the mastering engineer will be adding some 'decay' on the console according to taste.

As others have commented, the 'perfect' player should be transparent and reproduce what is input from the recording. That means that it can and should reproduce what the mastering engineer has laid down on the publically sold recording (warts & all). In most cases, I would guess that sound engineers try and isolate distinct instruments/vocals on a pin-point placing on the stage. Whilst I agree that is not what it sounds like in a live performance, it is what MQn is processing. Playing recordings of Live performances of course is only reflecting the sound engineers skill in miking, mixing and applying post-performance effects. Many previous MQn versions did not achieve clarity and separation and that to me meant it was technically flawed. Personally, I think 5.07 SSE2 is the closest to transparent reproduction I have heard yet and Gordon is to be praised for achieving it.

Jonathan
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

does anyone play the piano?

my own recording my own piano.... cheap home made recording

aleg, ask your wife... your wife plays and knows what piano sounds like
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

5.08 avx2 any good ?

uploaded sse2/avx 5.08

I like it so far
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

jesuscheung wrote:does anyone play the piano?

my own recording my own piano.... cheap home made recording

aleg, ask your wife... your wife plays and knows what piano sounds like
Dodo, I listen nearly 3 hours per day to live piano (Concert Series Grand piano of 227cm).
Last edited by Aleg on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.