MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: MQN

Post by nige2000 »

Aleg wrote:
nige2000 wrote:.... 4.82 256 avx 128 nop is my preferred version too
well done and thanks aleg/sbgk

any chance of getting the ability to set clockrate plz?

Phew, it was awfully silent today from other regular contributors.
Glad you like it as well.

Cheers

Aleg
This one's a nice bit ahead
Easy decision for me best bass control so far
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 4.85 avx, a bit more control, will it beat 4.82 - I found 4.82 to be just a bit loose after a while.

saw in the naim huggy thread that people were complaining about digital fatigue, obviously haven't tried mqn, think they were using mac/amarra
tony

Post by tony »

Unfortunately still can't test the avx ones but 4.82sse2 128nop sounds very nice to me.
Yes there is a deep thud to the bass but don't find it overly smooth and it has plenty of detail. Decays are excellent.

Sorry Ken tried what I think you suggested but still no joy with avx.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:uploaded 4.85 avx, a bit more control, will it beat 4.82 - I found 4.82 to be just a bit loose after a while.

saw in the naim huggy thread that people were complaining about digital fatigue, obviously haven't tried mqn, think they were using mac/amarra
What you think is loose ?
Maybe a little definition or weight wouldn't do any harm
Probably ok on Hugo?

I bought ammara nearly two years ago at that time I thought it was so poor I asked for a refund
Used audivarna for a while
Osx is terrible for audio
The best player for a mac is probably windows
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

listen to 4.85 and see, brutal on rock tracks

uploaded 4.85 sse2

maybe someone can do a joy of avx book for Tony
tony

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:listen to 4.85 and see, brutal on rock tracks

uploaded 4.85 sse2

Nah I need hand holding on avx. If it is possible to find the wrong combination or just get stuff in the wrong order I will find it. 4.82sse2 is fine for me until I meet an avx guru.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

4.85 was a bit bass heavy, posted 4.85 1,2 and 3, think it's between these versions.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:

never found a sure way to get avx working
Is it something to do with permissions?
Coz it's a pain in thee arse

Rock could be better in 4.82 didn't think it's a control problem
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

think it's to do with the avx register wiping out something that's being used by some other process

forget 4.85, think it's between 4.86 1 and 2, 2 has great emotion

4.87 shows promise
dannyhc

Post by dannyhc »

sbgk wrote:listen to 4.85 and see, brutal on rock tracks

uploaded 4.85 sse2

+ 1 for me please, I downloaded Sligolad MQNLatest.zip and this works flawlessly on my Ivy-Bridge 3770 CPU however when I look at what is contained in the directory of this zip it's like stepping into a parallel universe!

I feel even with all my years of extensive use in computing this is just way over my head and my old dog of a brain can no longer be taught any new tricks.

If someone can please update the docu for MQN or guide me on what needs to be done I would be most appreciative, the 4.08 avx has moved me to a point where I am in awe, the fact 4.82 exists and I don't know how to get it working is preventing me from sleeping.

Cheers,

Dan