MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

For any curious viewers as suggested by sbgk I sadly tried both versions to compare if they are as described. overly bassy and lacking.Test took about 5mins. It was difficult with brown paper bag over my head trying to use the keyboard switching between versions nearly fell over my zimmer frame at one point.
Result is as described by sbgk. The 'lacking' version suits me fine. Test position is terrible! Sitting at the pc in the corner of the room very unquad like. Bass is more prominent in the corner so facilitates test. The non bassy version works much better for me.

All other test measurements can be carried out by Davef sbgk,Jk et all. Fran maybe proud I am just jealous of the brain cells.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

jkeny wrote:Fran, would it be worth splitting off the measurements discussions so far into another thread or is that a real hassle?
Great idea John, The build an audio pc thread needs to be dissected also. God help a novice pc's will not exist by the time somebody read through all that thread. This could get there very fast.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
taggart

Post by taggart »

Peter_T wrote:I can start MQncontrol.exe under W2012-R1-Core-Audiophil-script-V1.2, but no music of course (yet). I tested pskill ; free at http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sys ... Kill.shtml
The command
pskill -t "mqncontrol.exe"
will kill MQncontrol without problems. Could that be useful ?
Peter, thanks for that advice. But the issue is not to kill mqncontrol.exe from the outside. This can be done by "Process.exe -k mqncontrol.exe" as well as by the pskill command you mentioned above. Both are similar tools and are good replacements for taskkill command. The main problem is that mqnplay.exe isn't killed anymore when pressing X in mqncontrol.exe to stop rendering and this could only be influenced by Skgk.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

taggart wrote:
Peter_T wrote:I can start MQncontrol.exe under W2012-R1-Core-Audiophil-script-V1.2, but no music of course (yet). I tested pskill ; free at http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sys ... Kill.shtml
The command
pskill -t "mqncontrol.exe"
will kill MQncontrol without problems. Could that be useful ?
Peter, thanks for that advice. But the issue is not to kill mqncontrol.exe from the outside. This can be done by "Process.exe -k mqncontrol.exe" as well as by the pskill command you mentioned above. Both are similar tools and are good replacements for taskkill command. The main problem is that mqnplay.exe isn't killed anymore when pressing X in mqncontrol.exe to stop rendering and this could only be influenced by Skgk.
is process.exe your program ? wondered what instruction it uses to shutdown the process ?
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:I had a theory that the noise is worse when there is loud, dynamic music with treble, does something get overloaded ? I have a version where this is audible and the interference gets worse during dynamic pieces. There is no distortion during quite periods and yet it is transferring the same no of bytes, so that means the value of the byte affects the sound 8 0 bits takes less to transfer than 8 non zero bits. can upload the distortion version if people are interested.
uploaded mqnplay.exe rax test 128 to the test folder which has the distortion effect, don't think it is bit perfect
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jkeny wrote:sbgk, it seems that brain-sidedness has been "proven" wrong http://www.livescience.com/39373-left-b ... -myth.html
my logical side says you are right.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sbgk wrote:
sbgk wrote:I had a theory that the noise is worse when there is loud, dynamic music with treble, does something get overloaded ? I have a version where this is audible and the interference gets worse during dynamic pieces. There is no distortion during quite periods and yet it is transferring the same no of bytes, so that means the value of the byte affects the sound 8 0 bits takes less to transfer than 8 non zero bits. can upload the distortion version if people are interested.
uploaded mqnplay.exe rax test 128 to the test folder which has the distortion effect, don't think it is bit perfect
Thanks, Why do you think it's not b-p? Can anybody test if it's bit-perfect? I'm not in a position to test it at the moment
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jkeny wrote:
sbgk wrote:
Thanks, Why do you think it's not b-p? Can anybody test if it's bit-perfect? I'm not in a position to test it at the moment
because of the large amount of crackling going on
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Lads - experimentation/measurement explanation of MQn now split off into its own thread.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Fran wrote:Lads - experimentation/measurement explanation of MQn now split off into its own thread.

Fran
Thanks Fran, much appreciated
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.