What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
JAW

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by JAW »

Got this at lunchtime today in Tower to see what all the fuss was about. Only €5.99. I find the cover quite disturbing!

cybot

Post by cybot »

Lps just arrived...

Rauelsson w/ Peter Broderick - Réplica

Timeless Pulse - Trio
cybot

Post by cybot »

More vinyl....

MOV Mono version

Wire - Red Barked Tree

Last edited by cybot on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:Image
I'm assuming it's a MOV pressing as opposed to Sundazed Dermot? In any case I hope you enjoy it.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:Image
I'm assuming it's a MOV pressing as opposed to Sundazed Dermot? In any case I hope you enjoy it.

Sorry Dave I'm stuck here trying to get images of the other three Lps I got but the copying lark ain't working :) Well at least I got Dylan! Anyway to answer your question Dave, indeed it is a MOV Mono version. I gave it a quick spin and my immediate impression is the Mono version loses the 'wiry sound' of my original copy of the stereo version. Dylan's voice is not as prominent as in the stereo version. Having said all that, I love the much more 'easy' on the ear Mono version! Thanks for the tip Dave, I'm really glad I bought it! Now let me try this copying lark again...
Last edited by cybot on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:........my immediate impression is the Mono version loses the 'wiry sound' of my original copy of the stereo version and Dylan's voice is not as prominent as in the stereo version.
hmm that's an interesting observation Dermot. My own finding was that Dylan's voice was slightly more prominent in the MOV mono version when compared to the Sundazed. But it wasnt a direct comparison between the same album, rather it was a comparison between the MOV and Sundazed versions of different albums. So probably not really a valid comparison on my side. I dont have any stereo versions apart from the CD.
Last edited by DaveF on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

Dave,

Will be sending you a pm shortly about an artist you most definitely should check out....
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:........my immediate impression is the Mono version loses the 'wiry sound' of my original copy of the stereo version and Dylan's voice is not as prominent as in the stereo version.
hmm that's an interesting observation Dermot. My own finding was that Dylan's voice was slightly more prominent in the MOV mono version when compared to the Sundazed. But it wasnt a direct comparison between the same album, rather it was a comparison between the MOV and Sundazed versions of different albums. So probably not really a valid comparison on my side. I dont have any stereo versions apart from the CD.
Simple....you guys are using different cables!!!!!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:
Simple....you guys are using different cables!!!!!!!

;-)
fergus

Post by fergus »

Excellent Dave!!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra