MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Aleg

Re: MQN

Post by Aleg »

Ken Moreland wrote:I'd love to hear 4.75 256 AVX but none of the recent( back to maybe around 3.6x.AVX) will play for me. I've tried all the solutions and folders available from other contributors such as Nige, Aleg and Pearse but zero joy. Anything SSE plays no problem, and previously I was able to run any AVX including AVX2 versions (Haswell). I notice quite a few people are also unable to run AVX versions now but were able to before. The new SSE versions are fine but too many people are left behind on the shore waiting for AVX.
KM
Ken

Are you still using MQnLoad to start mqn?

If so, not very helpful, but I have not been able to get MQnload working with recent avx either.

So now I solely use the mqn.bat or mqn-aff.bat method and have gone back to one directory per mqn version.

Try to create a new directory in root and copy just the required files. Try running with and without setting 'Run as Administrator' on mqncontrol.exe
When using the mqn.bat remember to keep the original filename pattern so mqnplay1644.exe and not use the mqnload pattern.

I believe the issue with not being able to run avx version has something to do with autorisation and starting from .bat files. Sometimes when I cannot get a version to run from bat, it will run entering the command for starting mqncontrol from a commandline window. So it has imo something to do with elevation levels or passing of elevation level from and between .bat files.

As you notice I don't fully understand the issue either, but have noticed it will most of the time work when running just from a commandline (i.e. mqncontrol.exe --file "Files.txt" )

Try to create a clean new directory first, with just one mqncontrol.exe and one mqnplay.exe (plus paste.exe, param.txt, mqn.bat, Files.txt) and see if that works.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

Ken Moreland wrote:Thanks Fujak, tried most of what you suggested before but not part 6 for all users , tried it but no success.
Thanks Jesus, tried command prompt for MQN.bat etc but again no success.

Any hope from any of the other sufferers?

KM
i am suffering. 4.6x won't work for me
4.7x works
(10000 worked for a few days. and expired forever. very weird)

think sbgk should make this easier hehe
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Got it, I finally f***ing got it. Many thanks to all esp Aleg and Fujak.

Here's what I did. I cleared out all MQN folders (there were only 2, musicplayer and XXXMQNplayer) and started a new folder called mqnplayer in C. Pasted in as Aleg suggested only the required stuff. Tried a track but no joy. Went back and followed Fujak's suggestions on MQNcontrol Compatibility including ticking "change settings for all users" and "run as administrator".
1. Right mouse click to mqncontrol.exe
2. Go to properties
3. within the window click "Compatibility" on the top of the window
4. Check "Run this program as an administrator"
5. Click button "Change settings for all users"
6. in new opend window also check "Run this program as an administrator"
7. Close both windows by clicking OK

especially parts 5-7

Delighted , sounds excellent too. Many thanks guys, much appreciated.

Now Tony, go for it.

KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Glad you cracked it Ken.

Come on Tony, go, go, go, gooooo

:-)
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Karl

Post by Karl »

I do not believe Clapton plays a spanish guitar.

Peng is correct.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

Karl wrote:I do not believe Clapton plays a spanish guitar.

Peng is correct.
i don't know guitar. but i can hear much more guitar details with 4.74
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded the 128 and 256 versions of 4.75, 4.75 original is 512 and 4.74 is 64
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Peng is correct.
I can see the attraction of 4.54, what do others think ?
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:

Peng is correct.
I can see the attraction of 4.54, what do others think ?
Ya 54 was good with some aspects
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's