MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:
sbgk wrote:
erin wrote:sbgk, idea: after you have finished MQn you could try writing some code for ripping CD's as a background service.....
By the time MQn is finished CDs will no longer exist. What is missing from existing rippers that you want another one ?
my turn

bits are bits:)
lol
ripping cds doesn't have a time domain
adolfo.a.aguiar

Post by adolfo.a.aguiar »

I wonder if the different benefits in SQ we get from different actions are cumulative or if they overlap.
For instance, would the benefit of using linear PSU for the PC be the same with MQn or JPlay?

Adolfo
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Can't help but feel I have been "geeked" here if that is a word, well it is now.......either way geeked in the nicest possible way!!
I must confess to being able to follow this to some degree but the old dinasour bones are beginning to show but I will follow with interest.
As you were gents and happy friday ;-)
Cheers,
Pearse.

Post by tony »

Agree to a certain extent I just selfishly want 24bit then measure away to your hearts content. Oh and odd characters. Don't care about flac.

I hope this has manifested itself from the threads on the other side of the water? I don't believe so as Dave and John are that way inclined anyway. I just want hi res!

Oh on a more mundane level as advised by Taggart exit is not working using core beta R2. Didn't cope it yesterday as the few tracks I played I allowed play through. Good to see Phil is onboard with MQn. No doubt if possible he will resolve any issues using it in R2
Last edited by tony on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote:Agree to a certain extent I just selfishly want 24bit then measure away to your hearts content. Oh and odd characters. Don't care about flac.
Tony, odd characters & Flac are already done!!
I hope this has manifested itself from the threads on the other side of the water? I don't believe so as Dave and John are that way inclined anyway. I just want hi res!
24bit is being worked on - hold your whist a while & enjoy 16/44
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

jkeny wrote:
tony wrote:Agree to a certain extent I just selfishly want 24bit then measure away to your hearts content. Oh and odd characters. Don't care about flac.
Tony, odd characters & Flac are already done!!
24bit is being worked on - hold your whist a while & enjoy 16/44
What re flac and characters? What file? Obviously missed all that.

Struggling away with 16/44 on this bit perfect player that is no different then any other bit player because it cant be it is not possible.

BTW I am holding my whist I just know how easily distracted you lot get.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote: What re flac
Peter_T's script
and characters? What file? Obviously missed all that.
current mqn.bat file - has been in place for a while, AFAIK?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

jkeny wrote:
tony wrote: What re flac
Peter_T's script
and characters? What file? Obviously missed all that.
current mqn.bat file - has been in place for a while, AFAIK?
Thanks! Must have been distracted on another forum
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote: Thanks! Must have been distracted on another forum
Stay away from those places - just like wild-west bars - a fight breaks out between every drink
www.Ciunas.biz
tony

Post by tony »

jkeny wrote:
tony wrote: Thanks! Must have been distracted on another forum
Stay away from those places - just like wild-west bars - a fight breaks out between every drink
Learn me lesson will stay in this nursing home with all the other grannies