MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: MQN

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:Gordon must be burning the midnight oil I thought I was at the races on the early 4.0 versions but we are in the 20's now. Thanks for cutting to the chase Aleg. 3.14 still is the one? I don't mind using either 3.14 or 3.27 can't really identify differences.

Gordon haven't a clue in relation to the programming but how different are the 4.20's to 3.14/3.27?
Is it night and day?
the older 448 avx has a magic atmospheric quality with great vibration realism and detail
which i think is very special and unique
but there is still many attributes of the new 4.15,4.21 etc that are better but just missing some of the old magic
but certainly worth listening to to hear the aspects that are better
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:
tony wrote:Gordon must be burning the midnight oil I thought I was at the races on the early 4.0 versions but we are in the 20's now. Thanks for cutting to the chase Aleg. 3.14 still is the one? I don't mind using either 3.14 or 3.27 can't really identify differences.

Gordon haven't a clue in relation to the programming but how different are the 4.20's to 3.14/3.27?
Is it night and day?
the older 448 avx has a magic atmospheric quality with great vibration realism and detail
which i think is very special and unique
but there is still many attributes of the new 4.15,4.21 etc that are better but just missing some of the old magic
but certainly worth listening to to hear the aspects that are better
Will give them a go currently trying Pearse's 4.08avx very detailed sound from this.
Are there any issues playing the later avx's?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote: Will give them a go currently trying Pearse's 4.08avx very detailed sound from this.
Are there any issues playing the later avx's?
yea there a little troublesome these days
thought 15 and 21 were better than 8 but i was very impressed by 8
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Preferred the latest 4.23avx this evening of all the recent avx versions, cannot find any fault with it in terms of detail and dynamics but not sure if I have lost some of the 3D effect or if I have gotten used to it now.
Tried to listen to 3.14 avx and it has stopped working in MQNLoad....too weird, will try again tomorrow.

Post by nige2000 »

Sligolad wrote:Preferred the latest 4.23avx this evening of all the recent avx versions, cannot find any fault with it in terms of detail and dynamics but not sure if I have lost some of the 3D effect or if I have gotten used to it now.
Tried to listen to 3.14 avx and it has stopped working in MQNLoad....too weird, will try again tomorrow.
you not find 4.23 slow?
maybe i need to recheck
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

nige2000 wrote: you not find 4.23 slow?
maybe i need to recheck
Did not notice it slow Nige but for me if I hear the music sounding slow it is usually a good sign.
Will have another listen tomorrow and try and get 3.14 working again.

Post by 2channelaudio »

Aleg wrote:
jesuscheung wrote:many new versions have weird sound texture.

as a reference of texture quality. try the good old 2.71 v2 or v3

has less quantity.
but 2.71 v2 has listenable texture quality at really close distance
never ever gives me any discomfort (strain/dirty/lean/weird texture/etc)

Latest releases don't show any strange textures on my office setup (cannot listen on my main at the moment).
Very life-like and realistic details.
Listening to Antonio Forcione at the moment.

Cheers

Aleg
The problem is in the mid range.
The midrange is clearly strained. Everything else sounds pretty good.
I think JC describes this as texture.

I find it a little concerning its not immediately audible.
Maybe try a few different genres of music.

Electronica, rock, vocal/guitar folk highlight the issue immediately.
2channelaudio

Post by 2channelaudio »

Sligolad wrote:
jesuscheung wrote:hahaha Sligolad.... maybe you were listening to 2.73 raw background...
Anything is possible JC now that I find all downloads from Google Drive are Read Only checked....might have to disqualify myself from the listening panel is this turns out to be correct that the file gets copied as read only by MQNLoad and after that no other version can overwrite it, at least I can blame the obligatory bottle of red on a Friday for some of the music enhancements I heard :-)
Interesting

I don't use mqnload, I just wonder how many other users have had the same issue?!
Something to be said for old fashioned copy and paste... lol
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

jesuscheung wrote:hahaha Sligolad.... maybe you were listening to 2.73 raw background...
LOL!
He is not doing bad, dough...that was pretty good one, as far as I remember.
I was wondering what kind of magic was in his folder, but Aleg seems to not believe to miracles...
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sima66

Post by sima66 »

cvrle59 wrote:
LOL!
He is not doing bad, dough...that was pretty good one, as far as I remember.
I was wondering what kind of magic was in his folder, but Aleg seems to not believe to miracles...
I'm still using "2.71 Time1" for HiRez (not by mistake)! The 2.7x's are excellent versions.
Still on the waiting list for the 32 bit of the new versions! :(
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS