MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:
DaveF wrote:
nige2000 wrote: dunno how it will sound on your "beast" of a pc as its a very busy board,
but i think youll be able to hear the difference between players
Since its a watercooled PC, Im guessing MQN will give me that liquid midrange that I've always wanted. Or perhaps transparent? ;-)
if it leaves you wanting to go to the the toilet, maybe time to go passive on another build after hearing how marvellous MQn is:)
MQn is so efficient the cpu will run cold so the water might be in danger of freezing, best to put some antifreeze in there and then you can benefit from a supercoooled cpu.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Have successfully used audiophils original script on r2, will test it out tonight
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jkeny wrote: Great post, sbgk
An idea might be to create a "BAD" MQN - one which has the max amount of looping before loosing bit-perfection.
It would be a good reference point for both listening tests & measurements.
What do you think?
I can do one that you're dog will sing along to, a watery one, a dry one and bassy one, could even do a fishy one, oh wait that's a different sensory organ.
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

jkeny wrote:
Right, please do one that is broken to the max but still bit-perfect.
Isn't that called Foobar?
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Last edited by sbgk on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erin

Post by erin »

sbgk, idea: after you have finished MQn you could try writing some code for ripping CD's as a background service.....
There is only so much cake in the world!
When the greedy people want to have more than their fair share, then there is less cake for everyone else.
Buy locally.
Build locally.
Grow locally.
Share locally.
Results in a fair slice of the cake for everyone.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

LowOrbit wrote:
jkeny wrote:
Right, please do one that is broken to the max but still bit-perfect.
Isn't that called Foobar?
I almost sold my Naim combo V1/100 right after I got them, after 5-6 hours of playing music with Foobar. I was so disappointed with SQ, and I was about to blame the whole concept of computer/USB/DAC thing. It was new for me after using an exceptional CD player. JRiver saved it at the time and I used it until I bumped into MQn.
I know now how bad that decision could've been.
BTW, SBGK, V1 would be nice on your desktop beside your computer. It is an excellent amp for the headphones too.
You may start liking Naim presentation, they call it PRAT. Didn't we talk about timing here, nobody does it better than Naim.
Just kidding you....
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

erin wrote:sbgk, idea: after you have finished MQn you could try writing some code for ripping CD's as a background service.....
By the time MQn is finished CDs will no longer exist. What is missing from existing rippers that you want another one ?
erin

Post by erin »

sbgk wrote:
erin wrote:sbgk, idea: after you have finished MQn you could try writing some code for ripping CD's as a background service.....
By the time MQn is finished CDs will no longer exist. What is missing from existing rippers that you want another one ?
Oh no. I hear the can of worms being opened. I think I should answer this in a PM, or this will derail the thread.
I think jkeny knows what I am about to say.....
When the greedy people want to have more than their fair share, then there is less cake for everyone else.
Buy locally.
Build locally.
Grow locally.
Share locally.
erin

Post by erin »

sbgk, you've got mail
Buy locally.
Build locally.
Grow locally.
Share locally.