EMI RFI Paper

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
item_audio

Re: EMI RFI Paper

Post by item_audio »

nige2000 wrote:Yea some guys think they've lost bass by putting absorbers on the ram. Which it sort of does in a way but sometimes noise can be confused with bass
For me the bass or noise never seemed true
So the decision was easy for me

I removed the heat sinks as it will reflect
It won't get even warm
Think heat sinks are not really necessary unless for over clocking
IMO some people miss the noise in a system that could do with more bass
Too right! It's hard to over-emphasise that any positive change is only in one direction: sounding less like the computer is present. One dead giveaway of EM/RF/jitter is bass bloat . . . cleaner and leaner is always better, but it may not initially feel that way.

The knack here is to snuggle the absorption material hard up against the chips, shorn of their heatsinks. It's very easy on the Mac Mini, but variably tricky with bigger sticks in PC builds.

Further to the group buy, we now always carry 3M 5100 in stock and try to sell single sheets as cheaply as possible.

Again, the knack is to think 'bounce': noise is radiating from most chips in most directions at many different frequencies: the more you can tame this, the merrier. It's a very different ball game to treating analog stages where the frequency response is tailored to include this 'bounce' . . . with a PC, we're only producing digital signal and noise - the less of the latter the better.