Wagner’s Parsifal; recommendations?

fergus

Re: Wagner’s Parsifal; recommendations?

Post by fergus »

Jose Echenique wrote: By the way, some friends who saw it here were ecstatic!

That does not surprise me at all; it really was wonderful!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Jared

Post by Jared »

Fergus, what did your wife make of the occasion?

also, how did you find the all round 'live experience' in terms of the interval discussions and interviews, being able to see the scene changes etc... ? I have to say, those touches make the experience for me, and I have learnt quite a lot as a consequence of staying in my seat during the intermissions...
fergus

Post by fergus »

My wife absolutely loved the music and the performances Jared but her cultural sensibilities were far more affected than mine by the present day settings. The Handel that we spoke of earlier was advertised and just out of curiosity I asked her would she come to see it with me and she point blank refused LOL!!!

I have to say that I enjoyed watching the set change process and I also found that the interviews were very helpful and informative. In this case they definitely eased my cultural sensibilities with the setting of this particular work. I would certainly go again but I would be very particular about the work and the interpretation that I would attend and I would probably be going alone!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra