What are you listening two?

markof

Re: What are you listening two?

Post by markof »

Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
markof

Post by markof »

Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
markof

Post by markof »

mcq

Post by mcq »

Kicking off the weekend in style with Haydn’s Op. 20 and Op. 33 string quartets as performed by the Quatuor Mosaïques whilst indulging in a subtly charming 2015 Meursault from Domaine Parigot. Sheer bliss.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
markof

Post by markof »

cybot

Post by cybot »

markof wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:25 pm Image
Beautiful sleeve.....
markof

Post by markof »

cybot wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:37 pm
markof wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:25 pm Image
Beautiful sleeve.....
Lovely playing too. In fact the quality of playing and production on the alpha label is very high.
markof

Post by markof »

markof

Post by markof »

I had the pleasure of seeing this ensemble last night at the Cork School of Music.
They took us on an extraordinary musical voyage from the 13th. century to the present day - quite the experience.

Mark
mcq

Post by mcq »

Over the past week I have been listening to the first of the two box sets that were issued to commemorate the 50 year anniversary of Deutsche Harmonia Mundi and what a glorious journey it has been. Each disc has offered up an embarrassment of riches to the listener. There is an emphasis on instrumental and choral music from the Renaissance and Baroque periods and the repertoire is richly varied from Lassus and Palestrina to Forqueray and Couperin. Two discs showcasing the masses of Frescobaldi are an undoubted delight as are the recordings of Scarlatti’s St. John Passion and a selection of the great man’s cantatas. But tonight I’m listening to the discs devoted to a favourite of mine, Rameau, specifically the orchestral suites of Hippolyte et Aricie, Platée and Dardanus as well as a complete recording of the one act opera, Pygmalion. What strikes me most about Rameau is his sense of humanity. There is a warmth in his music, an appreciation of kindness and delicacy and mutual respect and an absolute rejection of cruelty and wanton violence, which is perhaps equaled only in the operas of Handel, and I can accord Rameau no higher praise than to equate his achievement with arguably the greatest secular composer of all.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.