Post by dhyantyke »

dhyantyke

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by dhyantyke »

fergus

Post by fergus »

dhyantyke wrote:Image
You will have to forgive ageing eyes my friend but I cannot see the artist or the title on that one....and I am curious! What is it?
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

dhyantyke

Post by dhyantyke »

fergus wrote:
You will have to forgive ageing eyes my friend but I cannot see the artist or the title on that one....and I am curious! What is it?
Hi Fergus. It's Gabriela Montero...'Bach and Beyond'......there is a health warning on this one..'possibly not for the purist', but very interesting... Post what you think if you give it a listen!
fergus

Post by fergus »

dhyantyke wrote:
fergus wrote:
Hi Fergus. It's Gabriela Montero...'Bach and Beyond'......there is a health warning on this one..'possibly not for the purist', but very interesting... Post what you think if you give it a listen!
Thanks for that....I thought I saw the name of my beloved Bach there but I did not want to trust my dimming eyes and get too excited!!
fergus

Post by fergus »

I listened to this set recently and I simply could not warm to these works at all.
Jared

Post by Jared »

^^ me neither... I have some Widor & Vierne organ symphonies, and they leave me completely cold... but then that might be something to do with the fact that a) they are played on the Organ and b) they are French... common themes with me, I'm afraid...

anyhoo...

all of this boxset...
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:^^ me neither... I have some Widor & Vierne organ symphonies, and they leave me completely cold... but then that might be something to do with the fact that a) they are played on the Organ and b) they are French... common themes with me, I'm afraid...
Wow....and here was me thinking that you loved French organ music....not!!! LOL!!
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Not to worry, gents, there's a whole world of other organ music to get through instead! If Widor 5 does nothing for you (even the theme and variations first movement?) then I think you can rule Widor out of your future listening. The French romantic school isn't for everyone, and I know plenty of organists who hate this stuff.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2