MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
John Dot

Re: MQN

Post by John Dot »

cvrle59 wrote:I am wondering why this command is not executing from Tasker.bat?
tasker -all -x "mqnplay.exe|mqncontrol.exe" -p normal -a 0011
Processes <except exclusions> were not set
Everything else from Aleg's .bat file runs with no issues.
Any idea?
Process Lasso is doing the same job and is more powerful (was for free on giveawayoftheday.com few days ago).
You can set CPU affinity and highest CPU/RAM/IO priority to MQn (and lower to all the rest).
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

The weirdness continues.....
I was happily listening to various MQN versions this past few days and the recent AVX version that everyone was having trouble with (Kazoo) was working perfectly with my DAC.
Last night while listening to several albums right through on Mqnplay 3.56sse i think...suddenly when loading one last album my system jumped to complete distortion of the sound to almost white noise levels.
Tried older versions of both Mqnload and Mqnplay and I could not get the music back, tried several reboots and still no luck.
To make sure it was not my PC or DAC I installed JPlay and it ran fine but MQN would no longer work without distortion!!

Maybe server2012 needs a licence now and in some way causes sound issues or some hardware being worked too hard or just code on the edge given the inconsistent results lately with various versions but it was strange how I could not get any old versions to work.
I disabled Tasker, tried various Proaudio settings, tried safer Thysecon buffer settings but no joy.

Will have another stab at it tonight and go back to basic server gui install if necessary to see if I can get back to normal.
Just when it was all settling down a bit as I was really enjoying MqnPlay 3.65sse and all avx versions working fine.
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by 3daudio »

Pearse,

this sudden white noise out of the blue happens to me as well. A restart always solved the problem though, so I wasn't worried too much.

This happened recently to 3.39sse2 and 3.56sse2 alike. Maybe there is still a minor bug hidden somewhere?
MQn-Player/WinServer12/AudioOptimizer 1.26-> Audioquest Diamond USB -> AR-T Legato II -> AMR DP-777 -> MEG 901K
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

taggart wrote:
Aleg wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:I am wondering why this command is not executing from Tasker.bat?
tasker -all -x "mqnplay.exe|mqncontrol.exe" -p normal -a 0011
Processes <except exclusions> were not set
Everything else from Aleg's .bat file runs with no issues.
Any idea?
I get that one message as well.
I once asked Taggart to have a look at it, but he has not yet got round to that.
With me it happens only with Windows 8.1, so probably something to do with authorisations, but I can't figure out which ones.
Server 2012 running Administrator doesn't have this problem.

Just have to wait if Taggart can figure it out.

Cheers

Aleg
Strange thing!
Have just tried tasker.exe with Windows 8.1. Works without Problems here if run with administrative rights. Though I have Enterprise Version installed. Which Version are you using?
I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro and run Tasker with "Run this program as Administrator" checked in the properties.
The user is a local user belonging to the Administrators Group, but is not the user Administrator itself.

I only have this issue when I started using Windows 8.1 and the issue is only happens with the Tasker -all -x command, so probably has to do something with changing affinity of certain system processes as the first two lines on mqncontrol and mqnplay do execute properly.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Back running with MQN again....
I installed my backup imaged OS drive which is a replica of the current drive and MQN worked off this drive so it was not hardware.
I then put back in the original drive and reset the Audiophil optimiser and for good measure went back to GUI mode and checked windows audio test tones under Sounds and all was OK.
Reverted back to Minimal Server and ran the optimiser again and voila MQN working again.
Something in Windows must have got screwed up and the reset sorted it.

Back to sweet music again...

Post by jesuscheung »

3.56sse > 3.57avx > 3.56avx
all three sound the same. texture are different.

3.57avx micro/texture is dirtier. fakes a level of richness.
3.56avx is silky smooth.

3.56 is clean with good texture. sounds as rich as 3.57avx.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Listening to reproduction of cymbals only there has been something lost in the latest avx versions. They can no longer reach the level of the pre-latest avx's and now sse2 sounds about the same as the avx's

3.14 avx = 3.27 avx > 3.57 avx 128 = 3.56 avx 128 > 3.56 avx 256 = 3.56 sse2
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

need a haswell or AVX2 to enjoy 3.27.

3.27 use of weight/depth is different to 3.56. music presentation is slightly different. prefer 3.56's.

yes 3.27 avx > 3.27 sse.

aleg, how much better/higher is texture/details with 3.27 avx2 over a sse?
you are making me interested.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jesuscheung wrote:need a haswell or AVX2 to enjoy 3.27.

3.27 use of weight/depth is different to 3.56. music presentation is slightly different. prefer 3.56's.

yes 3.27 avx > 3.27 sse.

aleg, how much better/higher is texture/details with 3.27 avx2 over a sse?
you are making me interested.
the gap between sse2 and avx used to be big enough to buy a new avx2 compatible pc

not getting testing much atm but last few avx's have lost a substantial bit of the magic

avx is not on form atm
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

nige2000 wrote: ...
the gap between sse2 and avx used to be big enough to buy a new avx2 compatible pc
i remember there was also a gap between sse2 and sse4.1 (or 4.2 forgot which one).

sse2 gets bullied a lot... i used to dislike it until mqn3.3x