MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
lukivision

Re: MQN

Post by lukivision »

Would be glad to have shuffle play.

Luki
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

sbgk wrote:
jesuscheung wrote:3.53 little better in many micro ways.

prefer 3.43 because it is less intense less strain than all software.
even headphones sound can feel free.
thought 3.53 sounded pretty good, shall go back and listen to 3.43.

should be able to have fwd, back, track select, pause etc without affecting MQn in any way.

streaming is incompatible with MQn
3.53 is great. better(best) micro.

my OS is 1-3% more intense than normal analog source like radio.

if my OS is better, 3.53 would be perfect.
3.43 probably is better compromise for bad OS.
jrling

Post by jrling »

should be able to have fwd, back, track select, pause etc without affecting MQn in any way.

That would be great.... great news
Some control would be nice.

+1
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

jrling wrote:

+1
no no no
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

jrling wrote:

+1
+100
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

I asked Gordon long time ago, where the name MQn was coming from.
The famous Linn turntable LP12 is still an icon among numerous music lovers (excluding me, unfortunately), having kind of “reference sound” to be achieved.
So next to L in the alphabet comes M, next to P comes Q, and instead 12”, n as numerous different formats to be played back.
Not that I want to piece anybody off, but when I listen to the music by MQn, and every time I stand up and woke to my computer, it makes me thinking, “isn't it like a turn table”.
So, the only feature I’m really missing is, to skip from track to track, but even that one is solved by stopping MQn, and starting it again by choosing of different set of tracks.
You may say, smart a…s from across the pond, but little bit of exercise is not bad...:)
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
3daudio

Post by 3daudio »

Well thanks for the explanation what MQn stands for. Didn't know, but was wondering all along.

If you look at MQn as a 'turntable' you have the same functionality.

Get up and choose another record. Sit back down and listen to this record, because there was a reason you chose it.

Do not skip or shuffle or fastforward. Rather get lost in the music. This is analogue at its best.
MQn-Player/WinServer12/AudioOptimizer 1.26-> Audioquest Diamond USB -> AR-T Legato II -> AMR DP-777 -> MEG 901K
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

3daudio wrote:Well thanks for the explanation what MQn stands for. Didn't know, but was wondering all along.

If you look at MQn as a 'turntable' you have the same functionality.

Get up and choose another record. Sit back down and listen to this record, because there was a reason you chose it.

Do not skip or shuffle or fastforward. Rather get lost in the music. This is analogue at its best.
Use turntable then.

All versions above 3.31 are stunning, there is another SQ step at 3.37 and all new versions sounds fantastic. Hard to choose but I think 3.53 is the best at the moment.
Thank you SBGK for this journey.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
3daudio

Post by 3daudio »

???

I never owned a turntable in my life. All I wanted to say is that I don't need any more functionality with MQn.
MQn-Player/WinServer12/AudioOptimizer 1.26-> Audioquest Diamond USB -> AR-T Legato II -> AMR DP-777 -> MEG 901K
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

You who use a headless system, what software do you use with MQn?