MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jesuscheung

Re: MQN

Post by jesuscheung »

Clive wrote:
nige2000 wrote:is the evaluation copy of r2 not ok?

damn rabbit hole anyway
hard to stop tweaking
Eval and 30 days trials are ok for sure. I don't want to do too much tweaking but I'd sure like to not need to frig EnableLUA all the time just to get 8.1 to run MQn.
why not try Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows?

the point is getting the debugging environment
taggart

Post by taggart »

jesuscheung wrote:
taggart wrote:JC,
a pointer to a dedicated value of registry, are you sure? I don't know any technique to do this. It's a database. Even if complete registry is loaded into RAM, how can you get the correct memory address of exactly this value?
makes no sense for mmcss to constantly polling for changes in registry.
either it has access to pointer, or
it got a handle that it can be notified by registry e.g. RegNotifyChangeKeyValue.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx
I've discussed this in german AH-Forum and also with some of my colleagues. Nobody here knows any technique to use pointers for specific registry values.

Furthermore we think the RegNotifyChangeKeyValue API Call would not work to get registry values without being shown in SysInternals Process Monitor. This call simply informs an application that a change (or changes) in some entry/entries of a registry key have occurred. The call does NOT inform the application about the the exact entry or value that was changed. That means that the notified application needs to read the registry value it is interested in by its own. And this should be visible in Process Monitor, but isn't.

Until now and with my understanding the Clock Rate value is only read at startup of MMCSS. But I would be all ears if you have further concrete information about this!
Christoph
Karl

Post by Karl »

3.39 sse2 bp wp : Sssssssssssss
3.39 sse2 : Ssssssssszzz

I have 2 SSD, one with 8.1 Update1 and little tweaks and one with Server 2012R2 in MSM-mode and Audiophile Optimizer on the same PC.

8.1 Update 1 sounds very nice, but - only in direct comparison - a little bit plump.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

taggart, set clockrate=1 during playback. intense sound immediately.

technical reason i need to look into it. interesting.

is MS being evil again
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Karl wrote:3.39 sse2 bp wp : Sssssssssssss

I have 2 SSD, one with 8.1 Update1 and little tweaks and one with Server 2012R2 in MSM-mode and Audiophile Optimizer on the same PC.

8.1 Update 1 sounds very nice, but - only in direct comparison - a little bit plump.
are 13 S's good in the world of Karl ?
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jesuscheung wrote:taggart, set clockrate=1 during playback. intense sound immediately.

technical reason i need to look into it. interesting.

is MS being evil again
JC, it's all in your head, there is no change until you restart mmcss.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Hello Gordon,

please help me, what is 13 S's?

Oh, I recognize. Yes, of course. Hear to the "sibilanten".

Hope I get the 24/44.1 3.39 sse2 bp wp for my second DDC.

best regards

Karl
Clive

Post by Clive »

I can't fault mqn for sibilance....it's a pet hate if mine but mqn is totally in control. Tasker helps a little here to be fair, on my machine anyway.
3daudio

Post by 3daudio »

Karl wrote:3.39 sse2 bp wp : Sssssssssssss

Hey Karl,

you listen to too much Lisssssszzz Wright. Get yourself a second CD. -:))

But I second your motion for a 24/44.1 version of the fabulous 3.39
MQn-Player/WinServer12/AudioOptimizer 1.26-> Audioquest Diamond USB -> AR-T Legato II -> AMR DP-777 -> MEG 901K
Aleg

Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:what does it make a kazoo sound like ?
Gordon
Did you find any diferences between avx 3.39 version 1 and avx 3.39 version 2 that could create this distortion?

I would hate to lose a distortion free avx as I find avx still better than any sse2. Frankly I cannot understand how anyone could prefer an sse2 over an avx. Life performances are much nicer than flattened and direct recordings aren't they?

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.