It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

nige2000

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by nige2000 »

Sligolad wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:17 am That Diyinhk board has only 2 x 3.3v connections Tony! No 5v connections.....maybe you are lucky and the lampi 5v is low and you are getting away with it.....i would not trust it long term.

Glad to see you got the cases finally Nige.....i have time to help out at the weekend with any drilling, tapping, etc. if you need an extra set of hands, let me know as I am flexible on both Saturday and Sunday as long as it is not too early in the mornings :-)

Slowly getting through the top and bottom sections of the cradles, I have enough for about 4 amps at the moment, another week of printing should see them finished and then I will print the tops.

Printing some in black at the moment but it is more difficult to work with than the white material, looks like I will have a right mix of colours by the time i am finished, black, white, semi-clear and maybe blue!!
tony run a 3.3v from the pc psu for time begin,
what you need in the lampi is a battery, regulator, diode and relay i should have something suitable here to do that, then you wont have to even think bout it and all works automatically

Pearse im not available this wkend
maybe we should provisionally organise meet up for following wkend assuming ive this first one finished
listen to it discuss moving forward

then im gonna leave Fran with it to sort out the power on, off, charge leds, power gnding etc (stuff i dont worry bout :) )
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

frd1996 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:47 am I recommend to reverse the steps when assembling these connectors: crimp first (even with a pliers) and then solder.
yes good idea
dont know why i didnt think of that
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

If you have all the materials I can drop down Nige with my Soldering station and get stuck into them, if not then give me a list of sizes and names for the cable and connectors and I can get them this evening or tomorrow morning and get working on them?

Post by tony »

Eek! Ok seem to have gotten away with it. Will just have to put back in the 3.3v battery contraption from the pc power supply.

If you guys are doing a days work over the next few weekends (not this weekend) certainly you can add me in. I can make the coffee and wipe Pearse's brow and go to the shops for milk if needed. Seriously with Metcal and tools I should lighten the load somewhere.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

frd1996 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:47 am I recommend to reverse the steps when assembling these connectors: crimp first (even with a pliers) and then solder.
I agree!
As a general rule movement in a solder joint while it is cooling leads to weak/broken solder joints which may not be immediately noticeable
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Finally finished 7 sets of the main cases and the Rods last weekend.
Working on the tops now which are difficult to figure out for printing but I will solve that challenge soon.
The 7 sets are ready for batteries and installation in cases as the Tops can be added after all the installation work and wiring is complete.

Some pics below.

Post by jkeny »

Lovely, Pearse - trojan work
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

excellent work Pearse!
Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Pearse is the prototype I have still the same footprint as these?

I don't usually get sick but ive not been well these last 3 weeks or so with various disorders
It's mostly been between work and bed this last while
Dr said I hadn't been in in 6 years
Well I've certainly made up for it now

Anyway I think I'm coming out the far side of it
got a bit of gb stuff done earlier

There's a nice bit of work to be done with the cases so be prepared mass assembly will take quite some time
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Same footprint Nige so you should be fine.

Thought life might have caught up with you alright and hope you get well soon....all these hifi and tinkering distractions fade into the far yonder very quickly when the body is not well so no hurry here.
Think we are all on a bit of a breather as regards hifi at the moment so a break will do us good.

I have a bit of work here trying to finish off these tops over the coming weeks as it is a slow process. Over 400 hours already on the printer just for the frames and rods so far but it has been a good learning curve for me as I had only been printing small parts up till now.

When you do get the battery cases fixed and the gap between them finalized let me know what the distance is in between the battery cases and I can then work out the lengths for the struts between the cases and start printing them. I might also look at printing a drilling guide for the base to help setup the positions for the 6 holes through the bottom of the case.

Be well and see you soon.
Cheers, Pearse.