JLP wdm-ks player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: JLP wdm-ks player

Post by nige2000 »

Remember it's only beta testing, we're only feeling our way too

Although it's most likely squeeze lite run as a service is best, it's your choice and what you think is best

Portaudio been back will have no effect on this

The jlp start batch file is just to run the squeeze lite.exe and set the settings

I'm not at my PC right now otherwise I'd post my batch file
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
m5lig

Post by m5lig »

Nige

Thank you., appreciate the help
Asrock z87m extreme4, i5 4670K, winserver2012 R2, paul pang usb card v1, sotm dx usb, minidsp 4x10 Hd, rotel 1066 amps, linkwitz LX521 speakers.
2channelaudio

Post by 2channelaudio »

m5lig wrote:Nige

Thank you., appreciate the help
Hi there, here's my bat..

C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\LocalPlayer\Bin\squeezelite-win.exe -o 2 -n SqueezeSER -a 23 -b 700:200000 -s 10.1.1.11

I will try and update the service loading how to soon.
But with things changing so quickly its hard to keep up.

Loading as a service is personal preference, not mandatory. FYI, it will slow down your boot.
Another tip, Just remember to name the service when you use nssm, otherwise it will fail to load it.

Here's what I did, as posted on CA.
Here's what I did for everyone else's benefit.
I am assuming this is correct until told otherwise.

1. Firstly follow these steps, as per SBGK's link
Logitech Media Server as a Service - SqueezeboxWiki
2. Whilst in logitech control panel as an administrator, select the Status Tab.. then select run with no user extensions, hit apply
4. Reboot your PC
5. Goto task manager check services for squeezesvc if there, its loaded successfully
6. Them click processes tab
right click logitech media server (squeezesvr) select compatibility tab at the top
tick run in 640x480 screen resolution
tick run this program as an administrator.
hit apply.
6. Reboot PC

I hope this helps....
2CA
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

m5lig wrote:The issue is integration and self interest for me . It feels like I'm having to flick back and forth through a textbook with no index to find a flow of instructions to make it all work at its best.

I 'm sometimes reluctant to post because the questions seem so basic I should be able to figure it out for myself and I don't want to waste people's time and occupy forum space with simplistic questions.

But I'll provide 2 examples but I have many more:

In the latest development is it necessary to run JLP as a service ?

Now that we are back to portaudio do we go back to non service mode too ?

2 supplementaries .

The batch file in MQN was straightforward , despite trying I can't get a JLP batch file to work

The parametrs in squeezelite where exactly are they set.?

Now its not that I need these questions answered ,(there are many more). I have a basic working setup , but implementing changes is frustrating/akward and sometimes I can't make it work.
The obsessive in me wants to give these new things a go , and when obsessives don't get their way it does their head in .
M5

The install as services are never necessary. I would recommend doing them only when it is running OK as standard program. Besides that it is not always straightforward to get them running as service. I couldn't (yet) manage to get the LMS run as service. When I tried the setup kept spawning new squeezelite instances, I had 9 running at one point and every x seconds a new one popped up. I think I know what causes it, but services are not always that easy, so best to avoid them until a stable setup procedure has been given.

The parameters for -a, -b, -c, -o etc are given on the command line in the batch that starts squeezelite-win.

You will have to do a readup of the thread to see all recommendations and discussions. I'm afraid that will always be the case for a poece of software that is in development. This is all front-edge stuff and not a complete or finished product. In principle each day new versions, new options and recommendations are given.
This is like a train that is moving at certain speed and as a newcomer you have to get a to speed first by reading the history of this thread and I think it is relatively easy to jump on the train.
There will of course always be people to help you if there are difficulties.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
tony

Post by tony »

Installed the latest v28 squeezelite and v21 on portaudio. No LMS or squeezelite as services.
Listened to a few tracks then picked Sonny Rollings You don't know what love is. MQn 2.71 you can hear clearly the double bass notes.
On JLP it is a hard to describe but definitely not as defined but also kinda blurred and boomy bass.The bass is annoying me half way through the track. Still feel the treble is brittle and hasn't the depth of MQn.
It will be interesting to see what happens if/when Gordon manages to get it to run in memory. Maybe that will be the big leap moment.
Some of the lads who I posted here seem to rate it as better than MQn already but personally it is not there yet.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:Installed the latest v28 squeezelite and v21 on portaudio. No LMS or squeezelite as services.
Listened to a few tracks then picked Sonny Rollings You don't know what love is. MQn 2.71 you can hear clearly the double bass notes.
On JLP it is a hard to describe but definitely not as defined but also kinda blurred and boomy bass.The bass is annoying me half way through the track. Still feel the treble is brittle and hasn't the depth of MQn.
It will be interesting to see what happens if/when Gordon manages to get it to run in memory. Maybe that will be the big leap moment.
Some of the lads who I posted here seem to rate it as better than MQn already but personally it is not there yet.
bang on tony
but it is improving
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Jasus he has v29 up now! Nigel what is the -q option that Gordon suggests? Do we just add it to the end of the bat file on the desktop?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:Jasus he has v29 up now! Nigel what is the -q option that Gordon suggests? Do we just add it to the end of the bat file on the desktop?
disconnects the console yep stick it on the end of the bat file
2channelaudio

Post by 2channelaudio »

tony wrote:Installed the latest v28 squeezelite and v21 on portaudio. No LMS or squeezelite as services.
JLP is missing mid bass detail and attack.....
That's why I believe you feel the bottom end is boomy/blurred.
I posted on this very fact a few posts back...

Its quite noticeable on drum and snare work....
Hopefully it improves.

2CA
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sorry for my poor sense of humour
but you got to have faith......