MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
goon-heaven

Re: MQN

Post by goon-heaven »

P.S should we not be on a new thread?
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

for WS2012, I have msvcr110_clr0400.dll - do we need a build for ws2012?
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

lekt player thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2437
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

goon-heaven wrote:lekt player thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2437
for some reason this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I shall be considering my position and future of MQn
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

sbgk: Sorry that offends - unintended - please explain what is giving you a bad taste?
and your player is the world's best.. at least for today.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

lol can't believe lekt is making a player. is this thread turning into "MQn vs rest of the world"?

if i know i could do better than MQn, i will make a jesuscheung.exe player haha. the obvious way to beat MQn is quantum computing. theoretically it is exponentially better than classical computing ie, i7, xeon, windows.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

goon-heaven wrote:sbgk: Sorry that offends - unintended - please explain what is giving you a bad taste?
and your player is the world's best.. at least for today.
Well 3 of you are up to something and so far you haven't explained what it is and what your motives are. You came here presumably to discuss/participate in the development of MQn and now suddenly without explanation you're introducing another player.

I think future distribution of MQn will be to people who I have a personal relationship with and who I can trust.

Hi Fi is supposed to be a relaxing experience, I am trying to further the cause of computer audio a little bit by the MQn experiments, but my charity has limits. The last few weeks have been anything but relaxing. That's why I am reconsidering my position.
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

Saw this post: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-s ... dex63.html
and thought I'd try it. Nothing else. My actions were not intended to offend, or to do anything undercover.

Why does that give you mistrust?

Perhaps I should have warned you 1st? would that have helped?

I apologise to others who may suffer as a consequence of my actions.

PS: I greatly value your contributions in advancing what is possible.
Peter_T

Post by Peter_T »

This is my first post here : I followed the herd from the CA forum to here, because I do like the MQn player.

On the CA forum I posted earlier (2 oct. post #1175) a link to my Autohotkey script to make it easier to use MQn with automatic conversion to .flac files. I use Flac.exe in my script, because I could not get Sox.exe to work properly in the scripts published on the MQn page.

Here is my second version : 3 text files in a .zip file in my dropbox with an extensive Readme included for the more inexperienced computer users. It is really not so difficult! (says I, a real computer nerd) Give it try!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/907 ... 20V1.2.zip

When installed, you can select a track (1 mouse click) and press your hotkey. Default is F12, but you can change that. .flac files will be converted to .wav and copied to the MQn folder. .wav files stay where they are unless they contain non-english characters. Then the file name is corrected and the file is copied to the Mqn folder. In the end my version of the MQn.bat is started to play the tracks.

In this thread I saw that cvrle59 posted a simple method with a hotkey that only works with .wav files. viewtopic.php?p=45514#p45514
Also I read that Taggert is working on a similar project. viewtopic.php?p=45551#p45551
So you will get a lot of choices to try to make life easier!
mick

Post by mick »

To get back to what we are supposed to be discussing.
I got Mqn latest version up and running on my dedicated PC audio ( big thanks to Nige )and it is without doubt the best digital replay of music I have heard.
Everything is improved, power,weight,presence,soundstage,detail all the little nuances that make a performance come to life. The lipping on the reed of a saxophone ,the way a singer breathes, the delicate way symbals are struck.
It is amazing the way changes to digital processing on a PC can effect the sound quality. Bits is bits my asre.
I would like to thank sbgk for the effort he has put into this project so far. It has transformed the way I listen to music.