MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Aleg

Re: MQN

Post by Aleg »

2channelaudio wrote:thanks all sorted
set files in compatibility mode to run as administrator.

thanks Aleg
2channel

Just to explain.

The latest mqncontrol.exe (the one from the 2.97.zip package) can handle multiple sample rates by itself.
Therefore we now have mqnplay1644.exe and mqnplay2496.exe which will be used for each of those sample rates.

What now happens is that this new mqncontrol.exe will check what sample rate the music files have. It will then copy the mqnplay1644.exe or mqn2496.exe or other, according to the sample rate found in the music files, to mqnplay.exe and run that mqnplay.exe with your music files.

Mqncontrol therefore needs autorisation to copy and overwrite the mqnplay.exe

cheers

aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
2channelaudio

Post by 2channelaudio »

Aleg wrote:
2channelaudio wrote:thanks all sorted
set files in compatibility mode to run as administrator.

thanks Aleg
2channel

Just to explain.

The latest mqncontrol.exe (the one from the 2.97.zip package) can handle multiple sample rates by itself.
Therefore we now have mqnplay1644.exe and mqnplay2496.exe which will be used for each of those sample rates.

What now happens is that this new mqncontrol.exe will check what sample rate the music files have. It will then copy the mqnplay1644.exe or mqn2496.exe or other, according to the sample rate found in the music files, to mqnplay.exe and run that mqnplay.exe with your music files.

Mqncontrol therefore needs autorisation to copy and overwrite the mqnplay.exe

cheers

aleg
Thanks Aleg I thought something must have changed
I'll be sure to grab the mqncontrol file from the 2.97 zip package
The MQn read me needs an update

Thanks again
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

2channelaudio wrote:
Thanks Aleg I thought something must have changed
I'll be sure to grab the mqncontrol file from the 2.97 zip package
The MQn read me needs an update

Thanks again
im sure youve figured out by now why no-one wanted to do the mqn read me
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

my CPU has no AVX2

with my CPU, 3.37 sse is almost equavalent in music flow to 3.27 AVX. probably better
detail is 3% to 10% higher > 3.27AVX
emotion is kept, and more natural.
3.27 AVX has very slight digital intensity

i am sure AVX2 version will be god like... need a new mobo new haswell coming this summer

how about a sse4.1 version?

to me, this 3.37 is a reference version (last reference is 3.27)
3daudio

Post by 3daudio »

@ Jorgen

Thanks for your input. My CPU only has sse2, no avx here for the moment, My WsR2 is setup as admin in MInimal Server Mode.
I will try your suggested tips eventually, but today my new DDC arrived with which I can listen to all the 16/44.1 versions and don't have to wait for a 24/44.1 versions from Gorden.

Beat you to it, Gordon. -:;))

Regards
MQn-Player/WinServer12/AudioOptimizer 1.26-> Audioquest Diamond USB -> AR-T Legato II -> AMR DP-777 -> MEG 901K
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

wow 3.37 is getting better by the minute!

texture increases by 2-3% by restoring affinity to untweaked
realtime priority adds 4-5% refinements to micro-details
usually when i do such thing, SQ goes south for MQn.

this is really really really good
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

3.38 maybe a bit better balance, was losing some detail with 3.37, same code just 2 instructions swapped place

add r14, r13
sub r9, r13

instead of

sub r9, r13
add r14, r13

explain that one, instructions taking different times to get to the cpu ?, take different times to run ? Anyway the effect is audible.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

yes 3.38 maybe better
more emotion focus.

with 3.37 i feel zero intensity. maybe too neutral. (what digital setup doesn't have intensity??!)

need time to tell which is better
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

JC, there's an interesting debate about mmcss settings and whether they change only at mmcss service start, I think they do, but I'm sure we've all thought there was a sound difference after changing them via regedit without restart.

the solution seems to be to have a proaudio setting for each bitrate sample rate combo eg pa1644 etc
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

sbgk wrote:JC, there's an interesting debate about mmcss settings and whether they change only at mmcss service start, I think they do, but I'm sure we've all thought there was a sound difference after changing them via regedit without restart.

the solution seems to be to have a proaudio setting for each bitrate sample rate combo eg pa1644 etc
yes. changing registry in mmcss is effective immediately. realtime settings

from time to time i retest each values in mmcss. i cannot do better than pkshan's mmcss registry.
funny he figured this out years ago before win8 existed. total respect.

same mmcss applies from win7 to win8.1. nothing really has changed in windows. apart from graphical rendering.

if you believe me, i think clockrate needs to be discovered depending what DAC one got.
in reality, for pa1644,there is only 2 clockrates that perfectly syn the timerresolution
640=14.5ms. and 352=8ms
448=10ms but the rounding error is big, you can detect little lost of res.

default clockrate doesn't sound that bad.
incorrect clockrate will sound really wrong.