MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
3daudio

Re: MQN

Post by 3daudio »

Jorgen,

which is the last 16/44.1 version you got to work with your ap2 on WS R2?

I also have an ap2 and can't get it to work with MQn on WS R2.

Cheers
Chris
MQn-Player/WinServer12/AudioOptimizer 1.26-> Audioquest Diamond USB -> AR-T Legato II -> AMR DP-777 -> MEG 901K
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

Yes 3.35 sse is very good happy with that one too. Sound to me that it has a tad mor res than the latest avx, but I miss the leading edge of notes that avx gives us the initial pluck of a string or the impact on the skin of a drum, more speed. Hope 3.35 avx fixes that :) Do you see the light Gordon?
Fujak

Post by Fujak »

Hi Gordon,
sbgk wrote:Everyone else happy with 3.35 ?
The 3.35 is the best version in sse2 imho - best balanced and detailed.
But as Aleg said: 3.27 sounds better - especially regarding resolution.
Therefore I'm looking forward for an 3.35 avx.
Best regards - Fujak
PC: i5, 8GB RAM, SSD, WS 2012 R2 (64bit) RAM loaded, AO | DDC: XMOS-WaveIO
10MHz-Master-Clock: Morion MV89 | Reclocker-Cascade: 3x Mutec MC-3+ | DAC: Audio-GD Master 7
Preamp: Audio-GD Master 1 | Speaker: Adam Tensor Epsilon | Sub: Teufel M11000 THX II
Clive

Post by Clive »

I concur re 3.35. The best SSE2 and I would be interested to hear an AVX version. What's more MQn is still running fine on my 8.1 now that I'm running it from the permanently elevated Administrator account instead of a user account with Admin privilege.
jorm

Post by jorm »

3daudio wrote:Jorgen,

which is the last 16/44.1 version you got to work with your ap2 on WS R2?

I also have an ap2 and can't get it to work with MQn on WS R2.

Cheers
Chris
I am in my office right now ,so can´t check,but I´m pretty sure it was the sse2 3.35 1644.As mentioned,I don´t use the AP drivers(1.9 or 1.16) because of some instability issues which I suspect partially is linked to incompatibility with WS R2,partially has other causes .So I´m running Windows default.And all 24/96 MQn versions,sse2 and avx alike past the mqn2496.exe 3.02 sse2 either freeze/crash or stay mute with the AP2 .But I have had no problems with the 16/44 versions so far.I suggest you should start with uninstalling the AP driver(if present) and in case you have JPLAY or an alternative player available ,run some wav files to test your audio chain.Then make a fresh install of MQn in C: with MQn.bat,paste.exe,mqncontrol.exe 1.6 window and mqnplay1644.exe 3.02 sse2.If you still can´t get anything out through MQn ,but your AP2 otherwise is working I can come back to you later this evening with a few other suggestions.

Cheers

Jorgen
Zuma with i7 IvyB 3770T-1,6GHz,WS R2 MSM ,PPA V4 card + NEC drivers,PPA Red Sata,PPA Pico,PPA power cables,RAM Crucial BT 4GB 800mHz 9-9-9-24 and 3 separate PSUs-TZYun Red USB cable-AP2 with PP -direct BNC -Metrum Octave Mk1-WAL L1-JOB 225
3daudio

Post by 3daudio »

I've never installed any ap drivers but always used windows drivers. It was plug&play with Jplay, never had any issues.
Now the ap is playing dead with MQn.
MQn-Player/WinServer12/AudioOptimizer 1.26-> Audioquest Diamond USB -> AR-T Legato II -> AMR DP-777 -> MEG 901K
jorm

Post by jorm »

Hmm,I´ve never had any problems with AP2 and sse2 mqnplay1644 .exe ,so the DDC is very unlikely the culprit here.
There are usually 2 versions of playing dead .The one nearest a solution is when mqncontrol cmd window opens properly,loads the file,but there´s no sound .Then you can try these tricks I have used for kick-starting a silent avx mqnplay.exe:
-If in WS R2 Min. server go back to GUI.For unknown reasons,it´s easier to start a stubborn avx mqnplay.exe in Windows Explorer than in alternative shells like TC and Q-Dir.
-If AO 1.25 is installed ,then run Service Enabler.
-For avx sound on my Zuma mqn.control.exe has to be Run as administrator (Compatibility tab under Properties) ,even in R2, and I also use Win 8 compatibility setting for mqnplay.exe,not necessarily needed.Other combinations should be tested,each man has his own solution .But running mqncontrol.exe as admin seems to be the dominant trick.
-If this doesn´t solve the problem,then you can open MQn.bat in cmd first once or twice before starting it regularly from the MQn folder.Still silence -well then I´m afraid I´ve run out of ideas .
The second variant is when the cmd window of mqncontrol.exe only flashes .Then you are further away from sweet music and usually have some kind of basic MQn installation problem which means back to start again.

Cheers

Jorgen
Zuma with i7 IvyB 3770T-1,6GHz,WS R2 MSM ,PPA V4 card + NEC drivers,PPA Red Sata,PPA Pico,PPA power cables,RAM Crucial BT 4GB 800mHz 9-9-9-24 and 3 separate PSUs-TZYun Red USB cable-AP2 with PP -direct BNC -Metrum Octave Mk1-WAL L1-JOB 225
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 3.36, worth the donation just for this version alone. Phenomenal.

think that's it for mqnplay. shall do the other versions and there is some work to do on control.
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

Your're a beast Gordon. Excellent work! Will donate!
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

slight hiccup with 3.36, 3.37 corrected.