MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sima66

Re: MQN

Post by sima66 »

Hi Aleg,

I set to run as administrator on both, mqncontrol and mqnplay1644, but still I can't run my MQn folder with any of the new versions! I'm still stuck at "your" 3.14avx. I just get a blink of the black box and nothing else!
Everything stays the same except the "old" mqnplay1644 replaced with the new version mqnplay1644.exe, right?
I must be doing something wrong!

Everyone's input is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Adam
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

sima66 wrote:Hi Aleg,

I set to run as administrator on both, mqncontrol and mqnplay1644, but still I can't run my MQn folder with any of the new versions! I'm still stuck at "your" 3.14avx. I just get a blink of the black box and nothing else!
Everything stays the same except the "old" mqnplay1644 replaced with the new version mqnplay1644.exe, right?

Thanks,
Adam
For me mqn only works if those boxes are unchecked. I've had the same problem as you when mqncontrol or mqnplay is not killed even if I've hit the X button, so check if its still on in task manager and kill it. It's always good to start fresh so make a new mqn folder in C: and delete the old one. Good luck!
tony

Post by tony »

No time to read all the stuff this morning but I am having similar issues using the new versions while using the drop box stuff from Aleg. Creating copies of any of the new mqnplays are failing. If I revert to my 'normal' method it works ok.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Clive

Post by Clive »

Make sure there are no spaces in the directory name if using Aleg's setup. It won't work with spaces.
tony

Post by tony »

Clive wrote:Make sure there are no spaces in the directory name if using Aleg's setup. It won't work with spaces.
Sounds like a Eureka post! Thanks
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Clive

Post by Clive »

tony wrote:
Clive wrote:Make sure there are no spaces in the directory name if using Aleg's setup. It won't work with spaces.
Sounds like a Eureka post! Thanks
It was for me when I looked at how the bat file works (I have just enough knowledge to work out the simple stuff...). It at least cut out one the issues that were confusing the heck out of me!
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:a whole core for mqncontrol is extravagant, better to stop mqncontrol and have a separate batch file to stop mqnplay.
Why?
I have four and need only one for mqnplay so can assign the remaining at will to other processes that don't matter as much as mqnplay.
Just thought to give both processes involved each their own core and increase mqnplay to realtime priority so it 'always' comes firs and has best opportunity to get optimal timing.

If I don't assign it to control, some other process will use it.

Anyhow I'm very satisfied with the effect of these settings.

But anybody may experiment with different settings and report back what he/she (do we have she's?) finds best.

Cheers

Aleg
control has no influence on the SQ, it could be argued that the file load might be quicker on it's own core, but that's constrained by the hdd transfer rate. So better to have mqnplay on 1 core and everything else on 3 cores, at least that way windows activities won't be constrained so much. The other thing that affects SQ are all the irq's handled on the mqnplay core, should these be moved off ? I did it once on my old laptop and thought there was a small benefit.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

darkpink wrote:
sima66 wrote:Hi Aleg,

Thanks,
Adam
For me mqn only works if those boxes are unchecked. I've had the same problem as you when mqncontrol or mqnplay is not killed even if I've hit the X button, so check if its still on in task manager and kill it. It's always good to start fresh so make a new mqn folder in C: and delete the old one. Good luck!
my thoughts are that the 256 bit registers are causing a security issue, shall try other registers.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jorm wrote:Definitely too late for the party after 340 MQn pages ,but nevertheless big kudos from me too to you sbgk for this absolute excellent player and thanks also to all posters,especially Aleg ,Taggart and JC for valuable contributions and insight .Haven´t faced too many problems with MQn and been running hirez versions when available,avx and sse2 with Audiophilleo (no driver),thesycon 1.67 and above and M2 Tech Young on a Win 8.1 Pro desktop computer and two audio PCs (WS R2) without serious problems until the latest mqn2496.exe versions was introduced.These versions all either crash or remain mute with my driverless AP2 ,avx 3.14 2496 crashed so thoroughly that all avx functionality was washed away simultanously .So the latest mqn2496.exe are only playable with thesycon 2.20 and the M2Techs drivers.The last mqn2496.exe that works with my driverless Audiophilleo using standard MQn.bat and standard mqncontrol is the 3.02 mqn2496.exe .So I guess a fix is possible.
BTW:3.35 1644 sounds absolutely superb to my old ears,sweet vocals and better balanced than 3.31 (too bass heavy),transparency and resolution has been extraordinary for a while now,I think the big leap forward was around 2.84.

cheers

Jorgen
thanks for the feedback, only a couple more things to try.

Everyone else happy with 3.35 ?
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
jorm wrote:Definitely too late for the party after 340 MQn pages ,but nevertheless big kudos from me too to you sbgk for this absolute excellent player and thanks also to all posters,especially Aleg ,Taggart and JC for valuable contributions and insight .Haven´t faced too many problems with MQn and been running hirez versions when available,avx and sse2 with Audiophilleo (no driver),thesycon 1.67 and above and M2 Tech Young on a Win 8.1 Pro desktop computer and two audio PCs (WS R2) without serious problems until the latest mqn2496.exe versions was introduced.These versions all either crash or remain mute with my driverless AP2 ,avx 3.14 2496 crashed so thoroughly that all avx functionality was washed away simultanously .So the latest mqn2496.exe are only playable with thesycon 2.20 and the M2Techs drivers.The last mqn2496.exe that works with my driverless Audiophilleo using standard MQn.bat and standard mqncontrol is the 3.02 mqn2496.exe .So I guess a fix is possible.
BTW:3.35 1644 sounds absolutely superb to my old ears,sweet vocals and better balanced than 3.31 (too bass heavy),transparency and resolution has been extraordinary for a while now,I think the big leap forward was around 2.84.

cheers

Jorgen
thanks for the feedback, only a couple more things to try.

Everyone else happy with 3.35 ?
For the sse-range yes!
But for me not on the level of avx, so daily listening is still on avx 3.27

Cheers
Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.