MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
madman6000

Re: MQN

Post by madman6000 »

On another topic any chance of a 24/88 version I have a lot of SACD rips.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

madman6000 wrote:On another topic any chance of a 24/88 version I have a lot of SACD rips.
We'll have to be patient for that.
We have brought it to the attention of Gordon as well as 32-bit container versions for high-res formats.

But it will all be extra work for him, so he said he'd probably do it only on the final version.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
madman6000

Post by madman6000 »

Aleg wrote:
madman6000 wrote:On another topic any chance of a 24/88 version I have a lot of SACD rips.
We'll have to be patient for that.
We have brought it to the attention of Gordon as well as 32-bit container versions for high-res formats.

But it will all be extra work for him, so he said he'd probably do it only on the final version.
Fair enough! Thanks to Gordon for his amazing work.
madman6000

Post by madman6000 »

I've modified Aleg's mqn-aff batch file to do the flac conversion if anyone's interested. Attached.
Attachments
MQn-aff-flac.zip
(990 Bytes) Downloaded 43 times
jorm

Post by jorm »

Definitely too late for the party after 340 MQn pages ,but nevertheless big kudos from me too to you sbgk for this absolute excellent player and thanks also to all posters,especially Aleg ,Taggart and JC for valuable contributions and insight .Haven´t faced too many problems with MQn and been running hirez versions when available,avx and sse2 with Audiophilleo (no driver),thesycon 1.67 and above and M2 Tech Young on a Win 8.1 Pro desktop computer and two audio PCs (WS R2) without serious problems until the latest mqn2496.exe versions was introduced.These versions all either crash or remain mute with my driverless AP2 ,avx 3.14 2496 crashed so thoroughly that all avx functionality was washed away simultanously .So the latest mqn2496.exe are only playable with thesycon 2.20 and the M2Techs drivers.The last mqn2496.exe that works with my driverless Audiophilleo using standard MQn.bat and standard mqncontrol is the 3.02 mqn2496.exe .So I guess a fix is possible.
BTW:3.35 1644 sounds absolutely superb to my old ears,sweet vocals and better balanced than 3.31 (too bass heavy),transparency and resolution has been extraordinary for a while now,I think the big leap forward was around 2.84.

cheers

Jorgen
Zuma with i7 IvyB 3770T-1,6GHz,WS R2 MSM ,PPA V4 card + NEC drivers,PPA Red Sata,PPA Pico,PPA power cables,RAM Crucial BT 4GB 800mHz 9-9-9-24 and 3 separate PSUs-TZYun Red USB cable-AP2 with PP -direct BNC -Metrum Octave Mk1-WAL L1-JOB 225
taggart

Post by taggart »

MQnLoad 1.0.14.0508 beta

Contains support for command line parameter "-stop".
Additionally this version provides the possiblity to run a script/program after playback was started.

Please refer to History.txt and Mqnload.rtf for update instructions and further information.

Download: http://bit.ly/1is4g1J

Enjoy!
Aleg

Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.

Post by Aleg »

taggart wrote:MQnLoad 1.0.14.0508 beta

Contains support for command line parameter "-stop".
Additionally this version provides the possiblity to run a script/program after playback was started.

Please refer to History.txt and Mqnload.rtf for update instructions and further information.

Download: http://bit.ly/1is4g1J

Enjoy!

Taggart

that is a great one again!!!
Really easy to change versions and still have tasker running automatically.

People, take care you need to add the delay of about 5 seconds when you run my tasker.bat from this new mqnload. You need the delay to allow mqnplay to be loaded before the tasker commands can apply their 'magic'.

So add the "|5" behind the filename of the bat-file containing the tasker and clockrate commands.

Content of my tasker.bat

Code: Select all

@echo off
c:\tasker -set -x "mqncontrol.exe" -p normal -a 0100
c:\tasker -set -x "mqnplay.exe" -p realtime -a 1000
c:\tasker -all -x "mqnplay.exe|mqncontrol.exe" -p normal -a 0011
call "c:\448-clockrate.bat"
pause
exit
@echo on
Cheers

Aleg
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

a whole core for mqncontrol is extravagant, better to stop mqncontrol and have a separate batch file to stop mqnplay.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:a whole core for mqncontrol is extravagant, better to stop mqncontrol and have a separate batch file to stop mqnplay.
Why?
I have four and need only one for mqnplay so can assign the remaining at will to other processes that don't matter as much as mqnplay.
Just thought to give both processes involved each their own core and increase mqnplay to realtime priority so it 'always' comes firs and has best opportunity to get optimal timing.

If I don't assign it to control, some other process will use it.

Anyhow I'm very satisfied with the effect of these settings.

But anybody may experiment with different settings and report back what he/she (do we have she's?) finds best.

Cheers

Aleg
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:a whole core for mqncontrol is extravagant, better to stop mqncontrol and have a separate batch file to stop mqnplay.
Why?
I have four and need only one for mqnplay so can assign the remaining at will to other processes that don't matter as much as mqnplay.
Just thought to give both processes involved each their own core and increase mqnplay to realtime priority so it 'always' comes firs and has best opportunity to get optimal timing.

If I don't assign it to control, some other process will use it.

Anyhow I'm very satisfied with the effect of these settings.

But anybody may experiment with different settings and report back what he/she (do we have she's?) finds best.

Cheers

Aleg
1. best SQ comes from killing mqncontrol. nothing to argue about this.

2. best SQ comes from realtime. worst SQ also comes from realtime prority.
because realtime makes good better and jitter worse.
(especially for most people downclock their CPU here. slowing your CPU while stressing your CPU with realtime makes no sense. the result is usually lost of texture/body unless OS is really well-tuned)

3. normal priority is safe choice. works well in all situations. good compromise.

4. affinity tweak makes more micro more crispy, at the expense of certain layer and mellowness. i personally think the overall gain is zero. all this tweak does is changing the sound for personal preference.

from my experience, only when my computer is good mood, best SQ comes from timeresolution=0.5ms + realtime priority.
no point pushing it too far... there are 100 other things to worry about in digital audio.
Last edited by jesuscheung on Fri May 09, 2014 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.