Guess tthe LP

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Guess tthe LP

Post by Fran »

mm really thought that last one was this:

but I'm wrong. First one looks familiar, but can't think of it. Come on, put me out of your misery!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
cybot

Post by cybot »

Very addictive isn't it and so annoying when you know you've seen it before!

Clues: They all have an American connection.One of them is a compilation of obscure stuff from the band.
Have something in common with a certain Margaret Mitchell....

ps You'd better get them quick Fran as I know who will get the lot in seconds :-))
JAW

Post by JAW »

cybot wrote:Three more easy ones....

Sez you!
cybot

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote:

Sez you!
You'll kick yourself from here to kingdom come if you don't get these :-)))
cybot

Post by cybot »

Clues: They all have an American connection.One of them is a compilation of obscure stuff from the band.
Have something in common with a certain Margaret Mitchell....All three feature the same band

Important note: Just discovered that the second one has a slightly different sleeve! So the above image is from the vinyl
version....
JAW

Post by JAW »

cybot wrote:

Have something in common with a certain Margaret Mitchell....All three feature the same band

Important note: Just discovered that the second one has a slightly different sleeve! So the above image is from the vinyl
version....
Margaret Mitchell you say? Gone with the Wind, Scarlet O'Hara, Rhett Butler, Tara, Atlanta, The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down. None of these are ringing any bells for me and it's driving me nutz, I tells ya.
cybot

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote:
cybot wrote:

version....
Margaret Mitchell you say? Gone with the Wind, Scarlet O'Hara, Rhett Butler, Tara, Atlanta, The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down. None of these are ringing any bells for me and it's driving me nutz, I tells ya.
Sorry John, you upped the ante with your last lot :-)) Anyway just think of a place called Georgia or is it Georges St.??? You should have no bother now as I'm sure you have some of their stuff....
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

oooh oooh ooh, I know, I know.....

It just has to be REM. and that black and white one is from new adverntures in hifi

Am I right????!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

JAW

Post by JAW »

Well, I didn't think that one through! When I was online earlier I knew I'd a mad busy day ahead of me and was looking forwards to some brain stretching when I got home this evening. Little did I think that the guys were waiting in the wings. You snooze you lose! Well done guys!
BTW, my addled brain was searching for a link between Margaret and Mitch Mitchell. How wide of the mark can I be? Well done Dermot, great stuff.