MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jesuscheung

Re: MQN

Post by jesuscheung »

Clive wrote:
Clive wrote: Now more frustration! After playing 2 albums it's stopped working again. No errors, just no lock with the dac as before. It's as though windows sees a problem with what I'm doing and "fixes" it. There's no app crash, it's looks like it's playing but it isn't and the time the track should end MQn still looks as though it's running.
It seems that however I have EnableLUA set I have to toggle it to the reverse setting and reboot to get MQn working again. I can play a couple of albums then Windows resets a security policy preventing MQn from operating - this beggars belief.

Could the Windows Action Cente bee messing with me? It nags about the firewall, anti-virus etc. As the machine is not on the net I have these turned off but I wonder if it's doing something sneaky.
i have had same problem. played some songs. and then won't play.

open "Windows Task Manager". check if mqncontrol.exe and mqnplay.exe are terminated. sometimes i have to kill them myself. (taskkill in mqn.bat doesn't always work)
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

jesuscheung wrote:
Clive wrote:
Clive wrote: Now more frustration! After playing 2 albums it's stopped working again. No errors, just no lock with the dac as before. It's as though windows sees a problem with what I'm doing and "fixes" it. There's no app crash, it's looks like it's playing but it isn't and the time the track should end MQn still looks as though it's running.
It seems that however I have EnableLUA set I have to toggle it to the reverse setting and reboot to get MQn working again. I can play a couple of albums then Windows resets a security policy preventing MQn from operating - this beggars belief.

Could the Windows Action Cente bee messing with me? It nags about the firewall, anti-virus etc. As the machine is not on the net I have these turned off but I wonder if it's doing something sneaky.
i have had same problem. played some songs. and then won't play.

open "Windows Task Manager". check if mqncontrol.exe and mqnplay.exe are terminated. sometimes i have to kill them myself. (taskkill in mqn.bat doesn't always work)

On the other hand I can play album after album, change avx versions to compare, compare sse and back to avx again without a single problem. As long as I set my security and elevation levels properly.

So it is in all likelihood a problem with the setup of Windows and/or drivers and not so much of mqn software or avx in itself.
Maybe avx is still being handled differently by Windows being relatively new?
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Clive

Post by Clive »

It does seem like there's a difference between how windows handles sse2 and avx. Probably I've had 2 or 3 different causes for my hassles, I think I'm on top of the elevation mode now.....Basic 8.1 seems tougher than Pro and Enterprise. A problem I've just had: AVX won't run but SSE2 would. There are no MQn processes hanging around to be killed. A reboot however has fixed it.
Last edited by Clive on Tue May 06, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clive

Post by Clive »

After all my trials and tribulations today I've managed to compare 3.27 AVX and SSE2 versions. AVX wins by virtue of there being more acoustic space and depth around instruments and vocals. Detail is handled more evenly in that details are more apparent but not thrust forward. One track I used is especially bouncy and this comes across better with AVX.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I never had the problems with "now play - now don't"! Some of the previous versions did not play at all and that was it.

When I downloaded the Aleg's folder of mqn3.14 it played right away with no problem at all (still play).
My problem is that I can't change to the different version! When I replace the "mqnplay1644" with the new version I just get the blink of the black box and nothing else!
One strange thing is that even if I copy the original folder mqn3.14 from C drive and paste it again in the same C drive, getting "mqn3.14Copy", The "mqn3.14Copy" would not play!

I wonder what I'm doing wrong?!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Clive

Post by Clive »

sima66 wrote:I never had the problems with "now play - now don't"! Some of the previous versions did not play at all and that was it.

When I downloaded the Aleg's folder of mqn3.14 it played right away with no problem at all.
My problem is that I can't change to the different version! When I replace the "mqnplay1644" with the new version I just get the blink of the black box and nothing else!
One strange thing is that even if I copy the original folder mqn3.14 from C drive and paste it again in same C drive, getting "mqn3.14Copy", The "mqn3.14Copy" would not play!

I've had that too.....one thing I forgot was to check all the run as admin settings were there. Even with this fixed I couldn't get a copy to work today.
Aleg

Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.

Post by Aleg »

sima66 wrote:I never had the problems with "now play - now don't"! Some of the previous versions did not play at all and that was it.

When I downloaded the Aleg's folder of mqn3.14 it played right away with no problem at all (still play).
One strange thing is that even if I copy the original folder mqn3.14 from C drive and paste it again in the same C drive, getting "mqn3.14Copy", The "mqn3.14Copy" would not play!

Adam

Do indeed check if the checkbox "Run this program as Administrator" has been set in the properties/compatibility tab. For both the mqncontrol.exe and the mqnplay1644.exe.

This is something I regularly forget to do as well esp on my Win 8.1 where it is mandatory for me to have that setting.

Cheers

Aleg
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
sima66

Re: Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.

Post by sima66 »

Aleg wrote:

Adam

Do indeed check if the checkbox "Run this program as Administrator" has been set in the properties/compatibility tab. For both the mqncontrol.exe and the mqnplay1644.exe.

This is something I regularly forget to do as well esp on my Win 8.1 where it is mandatory for me to have that setting.

Cheers

Aleg
I can't find that option in R2 Min. Server!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sima66 wrote:
Aleg wrote:

Adam

Cheers

Aleg
I can't find that option in R2 Min. Server!
Adam
What are you using as a graphical shell to copy your music files.
Do you use total commander or Q-dir?

In my Q-dir I can select mqncontrol.exe, right click on it and select properties.
In it it will show the ordinary compatability tab with the checkboxes.

What does it show with your shell?

Cheers

Aleg
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Hi Aleg,

I use Total Commander.

Best,
Adam