MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

John Dot wrote:SBGK after the CA mess I hope you'll stay here on TNH.

2.59 sse4 intel 8 4 16 16 4 looks like my new favorite.
Hi John, haven't heard it yet, shall try and do so tonight.

there are 3 further things to try and get working for SQ

large page memory
render loop in assembly
256 bit avx playback (requires haswell)

think the SQ will take a major leap forward
Last edited by sbgk on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:
tony wrote:Nice idea will give that a go. My version was to have my favourites on the desktop to do AB testing(not blind mind I could trip over some cables and do myself and injury)

For some reason any name I put on the folder in desktop still allows me play tracks.
can you post the fist 10 lines of your mqn.bat file ?

did you change the bat file recently?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

sbgk wrote:have uploaded 2.59 sse4 intel 8 4 16 16 4 to compare with 8 4 16 16 8, haven't listened to it yet.
Liked 8 4 16 16 8 best listening to 24, 88 track Elvis Costello - Im in the mood again.
8 4 16 16 4 sounded like it was trying to hard to sound good.

Post by sbgk »

Sligolad wrote:
sbgk wrote:have uploaded 2.59 sse4 intel 8 4 16 16 4 to compare with 8 4 16 16 8, haven't listened to it yet.
Liked 8 4 16 16 8 best listening to 24, 88 track Elvis Costello - Im in the mood again.
8 4 16 16 4 sounded like it was trying to hard to sound good.
My hearing is a bit funny tonight, but thought I liked what I heard with 8 4 16 16 4, never heard the bass and piano in my Oscar Peterson test track so well expressed and the bass was still there, but with added detail over 8 4 16 16 8, found the 8 version a bit hooded, with 4 it is a more open sound. Also, at low volumes the bass was dominant whereas normally the treble is more dominant at low volumes and then the bass extends as the volume goes up. the 4 version had a better balance at low volumes. Shall see how it fares over the next few days, hopefully my hearing will return to normal.

That was for 16/44.1, might be different for 24/88
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sbgk wrote: My hearing is a bit funny tonight, but thought I liked what I heard with 8 4 16 16 4, never heard the bass and piano in my Oscar Peterson test track so well expressed and the bass was still there, but with added detail over 8 4 16 16 8, found the 8 version a bit hooded, with 4 it is a more open sound. Also, at low volumes the bass was dominant whereas normally the treble is more dominant at low volumes and then the bass extends as the volume goes up. the 4 version had a better balance at low volumes. Shall see how it fares over the next few days, hopefully my hearing will return to normal.

What Oscar Peterson track are you using, SBGK? Some here might have the same track & it would make comparing notes somewhat easier.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jkeny wrote:
sbgk wrote: My hearing is a bit funny tonight, but thought I liked what I heard with 8 4 16 16 4, never heard the bass and piano in my Oscar Peterson test track so well expressed and the bass was still there, but with added detail over 8 4 16 16 8, found the 8 version a bit hooded, with 4 it is a more open sound. Also, at low volumes the bass was dominant whereas normally the treble is more dominant at low volumes and then the bass extends as the volume goes up. the 4 version had a better balance at low volumes. Shall see how it fares over the next few days, hopefully my hearing will return to normal.

What Oscar Peterson track are you using, SBGK? Some here might have the same track & it would make comparing notes somewhat easier.
track 6 you look good to me - the Oscar Peterson Trio
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sbgk wrote:track 6 you look good to me - the Oscar Peterson Trio
Yep, lots of inmates here have that track from the Album "We Get Requests"
This might be a useful comparison track for people to compare what they hear in the various versions of MQN?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:recommend this when you are auditioning MQn

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Pearse I hope you have one of them on order for the next listening session? SBGK that requires a leap of faith and is outside of my current disposal income allocated to Hifi. Probably best to start another thread on that. I know accoustic panels have worked for me and were purchased secondhand untested but that type of product I would want to be trialling before I could ever consider it.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

[/quote]

track 6 you look good to me - the Oscar Peterson Trio[/quote]

Maybe foolish or is it great minds think a like. Favourite track for testing for the blind and deaf followers of MQn.
And what a wonderful track it is. All the tracks on that album are fantastic. One if not my favourite jazz(lite) albums
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

jkeny wrote:
sbgk wrote:track 6 you look good to me - the Oscar Peterson Trio
Yep, lots of inmates here have that track from the Album "We Get Requests"
This might be a useful comparison track for people to compare what they hear in the various versions of MQN?

that's gas, it is an standard test track around these parts as it has everything, micro detail, metallic triangle, natural bowed and plucked bass, well recorded piano (a rarity) and it's a damn fine piece of music. Nice one!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable