MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
darkpink

Re: MQN

Post by darkpink »

These latest mqn is amazing, what a difference to the conventional players. Where is this heading when the SQ is settled? Some kind of snappy looking UI control program or a more tight merge with mqnload and leave it as it is?
taggart

Post by taggart »

2.97 12gb doesn't work here. Have only 4GB installed.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

taggart wrote:Thanks Aleg! That all versions now have the same name is one problem, the other one is:
MqnLoad enumerates its own folder for file names that start with "mqncontrol.exe " or "mqnplay.exe " and that are followed by an additional string. This additional string is shown in lists of mqnload options dialog. Now the files have names like mqnplay1644.exe and thus they aren't recognized by mqnload and not shown in list.

If one renames this file to e.g. to "mqnload.exe 2.97 1644 zip" (scheme like before), then it works with mqnload - except that a error message is displayed in control window because copy logic of new mqncontrol.exe now doesn't work anymore (because the mqnplay1644.exe file is already renamed by mqnload.exe!).

Christoph
so mqnplay.exe 1644 is the preferable naming convention ? I can change mqncontrol, though it won't recognise version nos etc.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

taggart wrote:2.97 12gb doesn't work here. Have only 4GB installed.
don't know why it works on my laptop with 6gb. Thought I'd found a neat trick there.
Last edited by sbgk on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

darkpink wrote:These latest mqn is amazing, what a difference to the conventional players. Where is this heading when the SQ is settled? Some kind of snappy looking UI control program or a more tight merge with mqnload and leave it as it is?
am amazed no one has asked for an avx version

integration with foobar ? need to be able to control mqn first, though.
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

sbgk wrote: so mqnplay.exe 1644 is the preferable naming convention ? I can change mqncontrol, though it won't recognise version nos etc.
YES

Regarding pagefile sometimes I use large files for my work.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
taggart

Post by taggart »

sbgk wrote:so mqnplay.exe 1644 is the preferable naming convention ? I can change mqncontrol, though it won't recognise version nos etc.
Yes!
Or "mqnplay.exe 2.97 1644" or "mqnplay.exe 1644 2.97" or whatever, if only it starts with "mqnplay.exe " and "mqncontrol.exe ".
taggart

Post by taggart »

MQnLoad 1.0.14.0427 beta

Contains several stability fixes and some bugs.
Please refer to History.txt for update instructions and further information.

Download: http://bit.ly/1is4g1J

Enjoy!
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

sbgk wrote:
darkpink wrote:These latest mqn is amazing, what a difference to the conventional players. Where is this heading when the SQ is settled? Some kind of snappy looking UI control program or a more tight merge with mqnload and leave it as it is?
am amazed no one has asked for an avx version

integration with foobar ? need to be able to control mqn first, though.
Integration with foobar? Then I'm happy. I've always liked avx a little better bit they stopped working for me a while ago
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

taggart wrote:
sbgk wrote:so mqnplay.exe 1644 is the preferable naming convention ? I can change mqncontrol, though it won't recognise version nos etc.
Yes!
Or "mqnplay.exe 2.97 1644" or "mqnplay.exe 1644 2.97" or whatever, if only it starts with "mqnplay.exe " and "mqncontrol.exe ".
still not sure I get it, mqncontrol renames mqnplay1644.exe to mqnplay.exe so all mqnload needs to do is run mqncontrol with the files.txt parameter

is the issue that mqnload needs a mqnplay version selected, which doesn't work if mqncontrol is doing the switching.

choosing between multiple versions should be less of a concern going forward with the SQ settling down