Forum meet-up Thursday 26th August

Fran
Site Admin

Re: Forum meet-up Thursday 26th August

Post by Fran »

Woohoo - always nice to have some stuff coming!!

Like I said up above - normally we end up running out of time, so if its loads of hassle for anyone to bring anything - well, don't put yerselves under that pressure. Bring what's handy!!

Dowser: I'm interested in what you think of the sound from the quads - seeing as you have experience of before and after reconditioning of the rectifier board.

Barry: yeah, i remember yours well. And you have infected me with the desire for stacked ones. Now all I need are a mint condition set of ESL57's preferably free!!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
barry robin

Post by barry robin »

Fran wrote:...Barry: yeah, i remember yours well. And you have infected me with the desire for stacked ones. Now all I need are a mint condition set of ESL57's, preferably free!!

Fran

hear that dowser? time to cough up those 57's to fran-unless you want me to come on back there and remind you how you got those new 63's! (AHEM!)

ain't guilt great?!

-b
DavidMc

Post by DavidMc »

Fran I'd love to get out there on Thursday to hear/see the esls but babysitters are thin on the ground at the moment. Pity, would love to hear the different set ups and how Dowser's esl 63s, next time I hope Fran.
The whole place is a complete mess. Can't find anything. Right now I'm eating scrambled eggs, with a comb, from a shoe!
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

davidMc: Not to worry like the bus, there'll be another along in a while! If it was a daytime thing you could have brought the kids.... sure call down sometime it suits anyway and grab a listen...

Fran
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Fran,
Just back off holidays today - perfect timing :) I'm there!

Looks like you will have to stay up all night baking extra batches of biscuits :)

John
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

God to have you on board jkeny - more than one will want an audition of the hiface I would imagine.

I've sent out directions by PM to anyone who wasn't here before, so check yer pms. Give us a ring/pm/email if there's anything else you need.

Fran
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

barry robin wrote:
Fran wrote:...Barry: yeah, i remember yours well. And you have infected me with the desire for stacked ones. Now all I need are a mint condition set of ESL57's, preferably free!!

Fran

hear that dowser? time to cough up those 57's to fran-unless you want me to come on back there and remind you how you got those new 63's! (AHEM!)

ain't guilt great?!

-b
LOL - thanks for the reminder ;-)

Richard
tony

Post by tony »

Hi Fran would have liked to make this meet but just back today from overseas visit to friends. Maybe next time. Especially would have liked to here ESL63's as they seem to be a sensible compromise in size and modern looks.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

A wonderful evening of hardware, music and biscuits. HUGE thanks to Fran and his ever patient family for allowing audio geeks take over his house until very very late. Good to meet all the usual suspects plus a few new ones.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

...and coffee :-)

Indeed, a great evening - was great to meet everyone, and to hear some new music and hardware.

Richard