What's in the box?

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
cybot

Re: What's in the box?

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:

how has it been since Dermot? The speed control on my old Roksan has given up the ghost so it might be time to replace. I have a Mitchel techno arm so it should fit like a Rega.

So how has it been? In a word, captivating and completely assured with any genre you care to throw at it. Are you thinking of getting one? The Techno arm should be ok. Sad to hear about the Roksan :(

You can contact Tim or Mark here : tim@divineaudio.co.uk or mark@analogueworks.co.uk

Tim owns Divine Audio and Mark is his design partner on all the Analogue Works gear.....
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Thanks Dermot, will give them a shout.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:Thanks Dermot, will give them a shout.
No bother Ivor.....
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

brief update.... my turntable is working again and I managed to get an hour this morning to confirm it is indeed sounding good! My huge thanks to Fran who, while he says "sur' I did nothin'!" did enough to get the motor running again... I should add he also fixed my CD player which had also decided to join the turntable on the moody bench and refuse to output any sound. Again he claims he did nothing but I have to assume his house his built over a holy well, lay lines or he's the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Either way the Hands of Fran (patent pending) have restored my system and my happy face :) Thanks again chief!

Of course the upgrade bug was let loose so once I sit back and mull my options I might replace the turntable in the near future. The options I'm considering are the Analogue Works One that Dermot bought, an Origin Live Aurora and lastly a Mitchell Technodec. But for now it's feet up....

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I wish I could do nothing the way Fran does nothing...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:I wish I could do nothing the way Fran does nothing...
we all have our way of doing nothing. Mine's fun but useless.

cybot

Post by cybot »

Great news Ivor. Any idea what was wrong?
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:Great news Ivor. Any idea what was wrong?
Fran just stuck the multi-meter on the PSU, it was fine, connected everything up and it worked! Maybe there was a bad connection between PSU - speed controller- turntable (motor) but I had checked those myself.... maybe the belt had fallen off but again, I had checked that... anyway, the main thing is it's working now! I'm going to do a few small jobs such as service the bearing and get a better mat... I feel the deck deserves some attention!

cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:Great news Ivor. Any idea what was wrong?
Fran just stuck the multi-meter on the PSU, it was fine, connected everything up and it worked! Maybe there was a bad connection between PSU - speed controller- turntable (motor) but I had checked those myself.... maybe the belt had fallen off but again, I had checked that... anyway, the main thing is it's working now! I'm going to do a few small jobs such as service the bearing and get a better mat... I feel the deck deserves some attention!
Great stuff. I'd say you're delighted not to lose an old friend :) Though nothing wrong with having two turntables is there? So......any idea what you're looking for with this possible (2nd) tt buy? Completely forgot about the Aurora. Nice looking deck though and reasonably priced too...
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote: So......any idea what you're looking for with this possible (2nd) tt buy? Completely forgot about the Aurora. Nice looking deck though and reasonably priced too...
No more than I've said above.... it must be musical and non fatiguing, everything we expect from vinyl.