JEG Complete Bach Cantata set

Seán

Re: JEG Complete Bach Cantata set

Post by Seán »

That is a splendid presentation, I expect that JEG would nor accept anything less, well done and enjoy.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Diapason wrote:Fergus asked for pics on the Recent Purchases thread, so I attempted to take a few.

Thank you Simon. That is a really lovely purchase and very much in keeping with the quality and integrity of the original issues. Well may you treasure it sir!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Thank you. I just listened to the disc you recommended Fergus and it was a pure pleasure. I'll aim for Sean's suggestions when I can face a bit more tragedy!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
fergus

Post by fergus »

Diapason wrote:Thank you. I just listened to the disc you recommended Fergus and it was a pure pleasure....

I am delighted to read that Simon and you should have many more pleasurable hours of listening ahead of you.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Peter

Post by Peter »

Diapason wrote:Thank you. I just listened to the disc you recommended Fergus and it was a pure pleasure. I'll aim for Sean's suggestions when I can face a bit more tragedy!
Enjoy your journey! It seems like every set of the cantatas has its own unique flavor and Gardiner certainly comes highly recommended. I am hoping for the price to settle down, but perhaps I am fooling myself? I am doing the same journey at the moment but under the guidance of Harnoncourt/Leonhardt. It is mesmerizing and certainly a perplexing maze of musical creativity.