Devialet 170

Diapason

Re: Devialet 170

Post by Diapason »

Let us know how that test goes, Dave. I don't think the slope is too slippery...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Diapason wrote:Let us know how that test goes, Dave. I don't think the slope is too slippery...
On paper, you would think so. But I also thought that when I introduced the Airtight ATM2 to my system and then I watched in horror as the entire arse fell out of my hifi world over the next 2 years. Burned!
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

DaveF wrote:
Diapason wrote:Let us know how that test goes, Dave. I don't think the slope is too slippery...
On paper, you would think so. But I also thought that when I introduced the Airtight ATM2 to my system and then I watched in horror as the entire arse fell out of my hifi world over the next 2 years. Burned!
I'm amazed they've let you out of rehab already! And what are you thinking? "I'm not addicted, I don't have a problem, I can walk away,..."

Lots of support here, anyway!
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Simon,
Are you aware if there are any sonic differences between the 110 and 170? Have the lads in the shop mentioned anything?
On paper anyway, they are the same design with some extra omph and phonostage trickery added to the 170.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I asked Ivan about that yesterday and he said he has somebody coming in to listen to both in the shop to make that decision. I'll see what the result of that is.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

:-) That would probably be me! lol
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

DaveF wrote::-) That would probably be me! lol
Haha, brilliant!! In that case, YOU can take over the reporting.

I put the valves back on last night just to see how they sounded and honestly, I was a bit disappointed...
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Diapason wrote:I put the valves back on last night just to see how they sounded and honestly, I was a bit disappointed...
In that case, you should start saving and eventually get one the Devaliets. It'll open up a world of streaming and high res downloads too. All this in a unit that sounds impressive and will have firmware upgrades in future too.
I say all this depsite not having heard one yet! /rolleyes
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Part of the problem here is that a recent revalving and rebiasing has left me somewhat unsatisfied. I'm convinced I'm not back at the performance level I was enjoying a few months ago (and I'm pretty sure this isn't imagination) so I should probably get that sorted out first.

As I was driving out of the office carpark yesterday and wondering if there was any way I could make the finances work, I managed to bash my rear wheel-arch on the gatepost. Imaginary budget is now blown in real life!
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Diapason wrote:Part of the problem here is that a recent revalving and rebiasing has left me somewhat unsatisfied. I'm convinced I'm not back at the performance level I was enjoying a few months ago (and I'm pretty sure this isn't imagination) so I should probably get that sorted out first.

As I was driving out of the office carpark yesterday and wondering if there was any way I could make the finances work, I managed to bash my rear wheel-arch on the gatepost. Imaginary budget is now blown in real life!
Ouch! That's a bit of a pain on both accounts.

Still missing the Devialet?