A new isolation product - E_sorb

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
tweber

Re: A new isolation product - E_sorb

Post by tweber »

It's good to see new Irish companies starting up despite everything going on around us. Best of luck with the new venture lads!
Shane.
james

Post by james »

Best of luck with the new business ..

By the way .. you might like to sell the feet in sets of three as well as in sets of four ..

james
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

Great work Lads..
Best of luck with the company..Hope all goes well..
Looking forward to some pictures of the speakers:)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Eist Audio wrote:Dermot, we've only tried them under our own Dubh speakers so far and to be honest thought the Dubhs sounded better on their own without them. FWIW, there's approximately 3mm of compression on them. The original idea was for isolation for both TTs and CDPs to be honest, so maybe its unsurprising that they work better there.

We'll have facebook etc up and running soon and we'll have a few more photos then too. I can't tell you all how appreciative we are of the goodwill and wishes we have had from you all. It really means a lot. Many thanks to you all.

Fran
Thanks for that Fran....I'd love to try them out but I've just too much going on at the minute with the house upside down (floor sanding and painting) and the music room choc a bloc with chairs and mirrors!
cybot

Post by cybot »

Derek wrote:
cybot wrote:

Thanks for that Derek. What tt have you got?
I've got a Pink Triangle LPT (Little Pink Thing). I put 4 E_sorb isolators under it.
My English friend used to have one of those way back. He 'upgraded' to a Michell Gyro. At the time I lusted after a Pink Triangle Anniversary. A thing of real beauty and one of the most elegant tables out there. The closest I got was a Pink Link battery power supply for the Linn which was also a lovely piece of work...
Eist Audio

Post by Eist Audio »

james wrote:Best of luck with the new business ..

By the way .. you might like to sell the feet in sets of three as well as in sets of four ..

james

Many thanks James,

We had thought of that alright - and I know sometimes its good to be able to buy 6 E_sorbs to do 2 components rather than 8 E_sorbs. So you can buy them singly, or we have a special offer of 4 for €70. P&P is €5 to anywhere in the world for upto 4 E_sorbs.

Fran
Eist Audio

Post by Eist Audio »

Facebook page now up and running (although a little bare just yet!)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eist-Aud ... 2029072726

Stop on by and like us!
fergus

Post by fergus »

Congratulations Fran and Gerry. I hope and trust that the venture will be very successful and profitable for you both and will result in an early and luxurious retirement!!
Is maith liom an Gaeilge anseo freisin; tá sé sin an-mhaith ar fad!!!

The Dubhs are very impressive both sonically and visually. They have a very modern look and finish and the footprint will definitely have a high WAF factor. The Dubhs demonstrated great detail and soundstage when I heard them and did very well in those mid and upper mid ranges. Anyone interested in vocal and or acoustic music should definitely give them a listen.

The E_sorb Isolators worked very well under the particular TT that I heard (not my own) and I estimated the improvement that they brought to be somewhere around the 5% to 10% mark. This was sufficiently impressive for me to convince me that I will definitely invest in some myself.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Eist Audio

Post by Eist Audio »

Many thanks for the kind words Fergus....

Almost there on the website etc, had to wait for domain name transfers and a few other technical details.... site will be up very soon!

In the meantime here is a little pic to whet your fancy:

IMG_9228-1 by eistaudio, on Flickr
Eist Audio

Post by Eist Audio »

My thanks to all for your good wishes and compliments.

And to those of you who have seen them and experienced the benefits of the E_sorbs your positive feedback is very gratifying.

Fran and I have spent many hours and produced countless prototypes before arriving at this combination of materials and dimensions and we're thrilled with the results.
Every time something changes it's back to the chair for lengthy appraisal. Listen. Tweak. Listen more. And so on.
And we have managed to achieve a realistic price point, I hope, so that more people can benefit.

During the process we tried them under CD players, amps and TT's. Each time an improvement in image, tone and realism.
Amazing how these little improvement helps bring components to where they replay music as intended. Not just sound.

I currently have them under:
Phono-stage - improved ? Check
Integrated - improved ? Ceck
Project Debut 11 TT - improved ? Big Check
Each time I add a set of E_sorbs there's a noticeable improvement.
Can't wait to get my No. 1 TT back in action.

Of course I have used them under 'speakers, early generation EA Dubh's, and whereas the bass can still tickle the trouser flaps, the vibrations in the floor boards have gone.
Bass, mids and highs all still there but more focussed IMHO.
And there's less booming bass travelling upstairs. Hence later, louder listening sessions.
*There is a flexibility in the E_sorbs. So 'speakers can seem a bit wobbly to the touch. Some people may be wary of this if there are smaller kids or pets about.

However, despite all of my favourable impressions, which are biassed of course, I believe the feedback so far tells a story.

Again, thanks to everybody for the good wishes.
And please keep the feedback coming.
Cheers,
Gerry