Meets

Ivor

Re: Meets

Post by Ivor »

TLS wrote:We suggest for the first 'Meet-Up' let's make it a DAC event.
Excellent idea, if I do make it over that night I'll be a bit late and it always takes 2 hours to set-up those DACS. ;)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
TLS

Post by TLS »

We have the Ifi iDAC with iUSB and the April Music DP-1 USB DAC, Pre Amp and Headphone Amp all in one.

Looking forward to the 6th.

David

The Listening Suite
tony

Post by tony »

Ivor wrote:
TLS wrote:We suggest for the first 'Meet-Up' let's make it a DAC event.
Excellent idea, if I do make it over that night I'll be a bit late and it always takes 2 hours to set-up those DACS. ;)
Nah your thinking about that wine you are peddling to unsuspecting audiophiles.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I have a good few here too, including a good NOS one, Pass D1, and a few ESS based ones that box well above their weight. If its worthwhile, I can bring the shigaraki clone as transport.

A little closer to the time maybe it would be good to shortlist to just a couple to listen to? Too much chopping and changing can get boring?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

a meet up is a great opportunity to evaluate the dacs and software, ill try to go although ill have little to offer
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Fran wrote:I have a good few here too, including a good NOS one, Pass D1, and a few ESS based ones that box well above their weight. If its worthwhile, I can bring the shigaraki clone as transport.

A little closer to the time maybe it would be good to shortlist to just a couple to listen to? Too much chopping and changing can get boring?

Fran
Jasus Fran how many dacs have you got? One per quad?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
james

Post by james »

The meeting sounds like a great idea -- hope I can attend. Do I need to book ? Are numbers limited ?
James
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

james wrote:The meeting sounds like a great idea -- hope I can attend. Do I need to book ? Are numbers limited ?
James

Details yet to be sorted (and posted) but spaces will be somewhat limited alright. Not by choice but simply available space.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable